Question about R.Federer's USO Win
I assume by now most have either seen the Championship Match between Federer & Murray or know the results, so I trust I'm not spoiling anything.
I can pick apart a number of issues that truly bothered me about the arguably best Player in the World's performance during that match.
This is what I saw:
1. Poor Volleys Technique
2. Poor Overhead Technique
3. Court Coverage nowhere near what we've seen from him in past years.
4. Often predictable game strategy
5. Reminiscent of Sampras, needed his serve to get out of trouble.
6. Seem to lack confidence on his forehand side.
7. Hesitant to come to Net on effective DTL shots.
Maybe there were more problems with his overall game but Andy Murray failed to capitalize at key moments that Federer couldn't put the ball away. Quite possible the match against Rafa took more out of him than we realized.
What do you think about it?