» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 537

0 members and 537 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    punkhamsters Guest

Question should i play tennis?

im a 15 year old male, and i started to like tennis about 3 months ago, i have never really played, and i dont know if i should start, because when i do anything, i have to be the best....so if anyone knows any pros that started at an older age, plz tell me who they are....

CdueceF11 Guest
    hey i dunno but im 18 and i jus started to like tennis like 4 months ago and ive been playing about 2 hours almost everyday since then..ive improved alot and this summer im taking pro lessons...and next year im trying out for our college team...so i know where ure commin from...but i love it...so if u want to do it go for it

i started tennis almost two years ago, and tennis has been my passion ever since. I've improved at least threefold, but it wasn't easy. Just don't expect to be really good right away. It takes a lot of hard work. I personally am not very good at committing myself to anything, but i have gone out on days of cold weather and wind to practice my serve by myself and hit against the wall every so often, and trust me, it's paid off. I just highly doubt you'll be able to go pro, i know i'm not counting on it. Most pros picked up the racquet when they were still only single digit years old.

hey, my name is taber and im 15 and i started about 9 months ago. i have practiced hard ever since and i have made it to champs and going to go even farther. It doesnt matter how good you are when you start as long as you have the passion and heart to keep going even if you dont think you can beat everybody. You shouldnt be able to beat everybody right now and if you can u have natural talent and should go for it. But what am i to say just go with what your heart desires. Email me if you want to talk more at taberlong@yahoo.com

Benini07 Guest
    Dude, Tennis is the bomb.
    I am 14 and Started like two years ago
    and I have been hooked since.
    You should try it and see if ya like it ,
    You probably will,but if you don't it's
    just not your thing.

smedytennis Guest
    i know a guy that started in his eight grade year. he now plays 3 singles for University of Illinois Chicago (the number 1 tennis school) and already won a satellite (or challenger. i can't remember). he is really good.
    you shoud go for it anyway. i started 5 years ago and i do nothing but play tennis, 2 hours a day every single day. it is so fun.
    i too am a perfectionist. i have broken a few racquets, but its not too hard to overcome the frusturation. Find a player at your level and play a match with him every week. you will both get better. you can always find another person if you get too good.
    good luck

I AM 23 YEARS AND I STARTED PLAYING TENNIS WHEN I WAS 20.NOW I AM PLAYING TENNIS VERY GOOD AND MY TEACHER IS VERY PLEASED WITH ME.I ALSO TAKE PART TO GAMES.JUST REMEMBER THAT ''NEVER IS LATE FOR EVERYTHING''.IF YOU WANT TO DO IT, JUST DO IT.[/FONT]

Zylon360 Guest
    Tennis is definitley worthy of picking up, as it is a sport one can play throughout his/her life-time (pending any unforseen injuries).

Whether it is singles or doubles, as long as you have access to a court and an opponent it is both a fun and awesome way to get exercise and feel the thunderous whack of the ball against the stings. However, tennis is not for everyone. Play once too many times against an opponent who highly outweighs your skill level and you will experience a new meaning to the term "frustration". It even can be "sport ending anger here". One cannot handle too much discouragement before calling it quits. However, frustration is very natural in tennis. Like golf, you will have good days when you are hitting at your best, and bad days when you look at your racquet in amazement and wonder that you actually know what it is.

You will experience matches that involve straight victories or struggles. Luck is also a factor that will be there at times and will at others make you run for a charm.

Just try to remember that it is a game and you will not always win. With those two details in mind, the newly found sport can be a godsend in the hands of the club player. Remember, if you are feeling like your game is not improving, stop and locate someone who has the ability to teach you. Don't go on and learn bad habits that will be hard to ignore in a crunch. I still have bad habits that plague my game from time to time. Take care and enjoy tennis!