» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 540

0 members and 540 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    Stuartk36 Guest

Smile New here, hi everyone :)

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm just getting back into tennis after being busy from the work-a-day world. Its been about 2yrs since i've played, but next year i'm getting back into playing. I found out that Columbus has a wonderful small circuit here COGP and i'm going to join USTA for the 5 yr membership as well. So many people encouraged me for yrs when I used to play and that is whats driving me to come back and play my heart out. I miss those days when you earned the point, and in my option there needs to be more of that in the sport. Play with heart and not with just power. Be an inspiration to others, that is what tennis is really about. Being considerate like Edberg was or a true heart like Agassi.

Welcome to Tennisw.com! I hope you enjoy using the site!
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Stuartk36 Guest
    Ty and BTW where the heck is everyone here??? They are never on when i am, or maybe its me cause of working 2nd shift lol.

Well, we have a lot of members to the site but not all are consistently active. So those who are somewhat active are spread out throughout the day.

What we need here are probably just a handful of people to post a few messages and new threads each day and after a short while of doing that I'm sure things here would pick up a lot. Maybe if we had 10 members who each posted 5 messages or threads a day... that would quickly get things going really well here.
    www.TennisW.com

John,

I'm member of several tennis forums. I think that is better quality than quantity. The few days that I have time to participate I see that there are a lot of interesting threads about coaching juniors and parents behavior. All the discussion about Oscar Wegner was also interesting. That is a tennis forum, not talking about Roddick and Sharapova affaire.

Best regards,

JK

Stuartk36 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jktennis59
    John,

I'm member of several tennis forums. I think that is better quality than quantity. The few days that I have time to participate I see that there are a lot of interesting threads about coaching juniors and parents behavior. All the discussion about Oscar Wegner was also interesting. That is a tennis forum, not talking about Roddick and Sharapova affaire.

Best regards,

JK
    I totally agree. We need to focus on what we as players are going thru not what "Pros" are doing. It is all about improving the game for each individual as he or she needs to. Change is progress like they say. Be willing to take a chance and try new things as it will help shape a better all around game on and off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by jktennis59
    John,

Best regards,

JK
    jktennis59, what you mentioned makes a lot of sense. I agree with you about quality over quantity. It does seem, though, that low site activity may cause people to visit the site less often and eventually become disinterested. I'm thinking that if we had a bit more consistent activity, even with the less interesting stuff - it may get more members to participate more often, and that participation may overflow into the more interesting quality discussions.

If you have any ideas or suggestions about how we can improve tennisw.com even more, please post about that in the forum support area. I'd like to make this place as useful and valuable as possible for the site members. All comments and suggestions are appreciated.
    www.TennisW.com

yall are confusing hahahhahahahahahha whatever