» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 741

0 members and 741 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    Stuartk36 Guest

confused :confused:

i'm really baffled now...i just joined here and someone comes out and totally missunderstands what i'm saying. I think that tennis is about teamwork. DUH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuartk36
    i'm really baffled now...i just joined here and someone comes out and totally missunderstands what i'm saying. I think that tennis is about teamwork. DUH!!!
    Hi Stuart. I have read your post about doubles and I'm totally agree with you. About our level (assuming that you're a club player) tennis has to be fun. I have lots of problems in my job (civil engineer) so when I play tennis I switch to "tennis mode" and I left all my trobles outside the court. There are people that is a real pleasure to play with. In the other hand, sometimes we have to play with doubles partner that has a different idea about what means "competition".
    I give 110% when playing tennis. I want to win, but I don't need to win. That's a great difference. Being positive with your partner Is giving him/her more confidence. After all, everybody has had horrible days playing tennis.
    Best regards,

JK

Stuartk36 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jktennis59
    Hi Stuart. I have read your post about doubles and I'm totally agree with you. About our level (assuming that you're a club player) tennis has to be fun. I have lots of problems in my job (civil engineer) so when I play tennis I switch to "tennis mode" and I left all my trobles outside the court. There are people that is a real pleasure to play with. In the other hand, sometimes we have to play with doubles partner that has a different idea about what means "competition".
    I give 110% when playing tennis. I want to win, but I don't need to win. That's a great difference. Being positive with your partner Is giving him/her more confidence. After all, everybody has had horrible days playing tennis.
    Best regards,

JK
    Yes its does have to be fun. The challenge is what makes it that way also. If it was easy, whats the fun in that. I have a good friend who taught me my volley skills and he was a great doubles partner. We had fun and won at the same time, thats what its about. Yes you want to win, but youre humble if you win or not, grateful that God gave you the ability to play, some are not so fortunate. Positive attitude will take you thru the roughest of days, a winner whether it shows in the final score or not. It is all about learning...like a boss I once had told me: If you made a mistake, what did you learn? Losing is like that, it isnt losing... it is LEARNING.