» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 785

0 members and 785 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

how old is 2 old?

well im almost 22 and havnt really played tennis before the last few months. i know anyone can play tennis for fun
    but how old is 2 old to become good and compete?

for example can a 40 year old just start into tennis and improve and become pretty damn good?

I have a friend who took up tennis in his late 30's, he is now one of the top under 50 players in the country. Plays a classic serve and volley style. Very important to get proper instruction and develop good technique. I highly recommend you order a book called Tennis Mastery by David W. Smith. Go take your game as far as you can!

I started playing tennis when my son started with tennis. I was 40 y/o. It was almost 7 years ago and I feel that I'm playing a really good tennis. I consider myself between 4.5 and 5.0 tennis player. I know people who took tennis later (and older) than I did and there are better than me.
    By the way, I never was a good sportsman, so anybody can do that.
    My advice: hire a good pro and take it seriously.

Stuartk36 Guest
    I agree its never to late when it comes to playing great tennis. Age can not only make you wiser but also improved. Commitment is the key...or like they say how bad do you want it? Desire and whole hearted honesty with yourself and the game will take you far if you take heed of the good advice others have to give. Age is only a number, and as long as you stay in decent physical shape, you could play tennis till the day you die lol.