» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 540

0 members and 540 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Question on strategy

hi im new here i just have a couple of questions about playing

im a highschool player, and the season is starting soon. i have amatch tomorrow and ill be playing singles. I know im better then how i play, but i have problems with being aggresive, eventually towards the end of a match i can barely even hit a solid forehand or backhand. can any1 offer me any strategies to just calm my self down and play normally as if im hitting around. Another problem i have is sweaty hands haha, any solutions for that annoyance?

Unregistered Guest

Arrow sure

if you're in PA, Philly we can go on a court and do that!
    let me know on catalin13wilson@yahoo.com

The following is a web page that talks about singles strategies in tennis.

http://www.zaptips.com/Sports/Tennis/SinglesTennisTactics/tabid/64/Default.aspx

Sweaty hands

I had/have the sweaty hands problem, but mine get sweaty from my arms sweating and dripping down onto my hands. I solve that with some wrist bands.

It works great.

Hope that helps.
    E
    Find out all
    about a Wicked Backhand

don't anticipate

Hope I'm not too late for an answer or at least it'll be for long term ;-P
    First I would recommend you this web site :

http://www.tennismindgame.com/

Secundly, you can also download their ebooks, there are valuable from my point of view.

Else, when you feel the pressure, make things simpler, play point after point, forget about the result, you'll have plenty of time after getting out of the field to think about it.
    I just personnally focus on breathing and what I'm going to do next. With the time, I developped a feeling of being invincible, thinking about positive sentence of what to do. Whatever happens the end is more a surprise.
    It's about the same as when you shoot with a gun. Teachers will tell you to squizz the gun slowly and get surprise by the "bang", focusing on what you have to do instead of predicting the future...and get ready to perform better again if the result isn't good enough.

The worse is to think about getting stressed, it'll put you into a bad cycle. Reverse it with positive sentence, focus on what to do, not what to avoid.

Good luck.

The answer to your problem

I think I know where you are coming from? When I was younger I had a similar problem. It is all about your mind. Have confidence in your shots and your game. You know that they are good and will not fail you. You must believe in your ability to play well during matches. Also, don't be too tentative. You can't be aggressive if you are tentative. Don't worry about missing shots or getting passed. Just focus on playing the point and winning. When you worry about missing shots, your shots become weak and actually you miss more often, so don't worry about your shots and just play. Focus on one point at a time and believe in yourself and you will play fine.