» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 509

0 members and 509 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Forhand problem

Forhand problem

Hello, I'm new here. I!ve been playing tennis for long. And I have one friend who has very strange problem with forhand. When he is trying to hit the ball, his hand suddenly drops down and he almost couldn't hit the ball. His hand is like powerless. I know its very strange problem but he was playing very well and nobody can't help him. SO if you have any idea please write. Each advice is gold.

youtube vid ?

It's really hard to give any advice with what you wrote, sorry. Could you post a link with a youtube video ?

Ok. I will try to take some video and give you a link. Couse I will appreciate every advice..Thanks very

video or pics ?

Well, did you get the problem solved ?
    Or maybe getting a pic or 2 to describe what is going on, if this is easier.

Is he playing well now or poorly?
    Is his hand dropping as part of his swing i.e. top spin forehand? When hitting a top spin forehand the wrist should be relaxed and may look like it is dropping. This allows the player to generate more spin and possibly pace. If he thinks he is hitting the ball well, then probably there is no need to change what he is doing. But if he starts having problems, he may need to say a local pro to correct his swing. Also, you say that his hand is powerless. Could this be from a strength deficiency in the wrist?
    More information is needed to fix this problem, but these are just some possible problems and ideas.
    Last edited by tennisplayer89; 01-06-2007 at 01:57 PM.

ITs simple: it could be because of sweat or an old worn out grip. Choose a grip that has good friction. And try different racquet grips such as continental and eastern. Also try using lightweight racquets, their are a ton of lightweight racquets that are powerful and hit the ball hard. And make sure the frame around the racquet isnt too wide because it will slow down racquet speed. Also try to space your fingers farther apart. Spread them out a little. Years ago i didnt know that your not suppose to hold the racquet with your fingers together.