» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 715

0 members and 715 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Help please

Help please

i sometimes play doubles with an annoying partner. He tries to show off and put the oppisition off but in doin so he puts me off. I keep telling him to stop showing off but he continues. Might be a stupid question but is there anything i can do or say if i am with him again.
    Thanks

be happy

I don't know why you feel this way with this guy.
    Either you play with him and then focus on your own game, on what to do so your partner can actively participate to your performance, or you just don't play with him on the field.
    For the first option, keep the right behaviour yourself, be an example. He's not you and no one will blame you for being helpful whoever you play with.
    Enjoy the game.

Agreed. You need to get along with your partner and if they have antics on the court that you do not agree with either ignore them and be your own person (like stated above in the previous post) or get a new partner. I feel you should be very comfortable with your partner or you are not going to be a great doubles team. I have been playing with someone now for about 18 months and we click perfect on the court. Our competitive attitudes match on the court and by now we know who is going to do what and how we should react. But to get to that point you need a good solid base to stand on. Sounds like you guys might be off on the wrong foot...
    Good Luck on the Court!
    Scott Baker
    Tennis4you.com
    Forum - http://tennis4you.com/phpBB2

For one thing, you and your partner do need to get along well and feel comfortable playing with each other. I agree that you do need to set an example for your partner, but you also need to have a little chat with him. Tell him how you feel about his antics. Just tell him tone down his attitude a bit because it disrupts your game. I'm sure he will understand and try to change his ways.