» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 722

0 members and 722 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

i guess this is a new member intro thingy...

so yeah, i joined this forum to improve and learn from those who are far better than I in the game of tennis. i don't have an offical ranking but i think i'm around a 3.5-4. my game mostly consists of a serve-and-volley mentality but i've found out that my play is a bit predictable so i'm moving towards a all-around type of play. i have a relatively hard, good first serve and have a very solid and strong forehand but my backhand needs some help. i don't use mch spin in my game but i have the ablitly to do a backhand slice and side spin (true slice) that has lots of spin on it.

sometimes i think i'm kinda addicted to tennis, practicing about 4-5 times a week with friends. i'm trying to get ready for my high school's tennis season which comes at the end of this month. i've been training for a long time (roughly 6 months or so) and i hope to earn a seat on varsity this year. this is the first time i'm trying out and will be my last too since i am a senior. i've always liked the game of tennis but never really had the idea to try out for tennis until this year. i've played a couple of varsity players at my school and they don't seem much harder than what i've faced before. i have full confidence that i cn make varsity, it just requires that i am in the game and have full control. i have a problem with consistency but i am slowly going over it.

i don't wanna play for the pros because tennis is not my life. tennis is something that i do, not who i am. tennis just preoccupies my time and puts it to a good cause instead of wasting time doing other things. i have a passion for the game, don't get me wrong, but i realize that eventully, i need to move on and actually not focus on tennis. i should focus on my studies and other things of the sort but tennis a lot more fun. i plan also to play for the tennis club at my college that i'm going to next year to further advance my skills and have fun while doing it.

this is quite a long intro but i can talk on for days about tennis and not repeat myself. so yeah, i hope i can learn a lot from you guys and mebbe you can learn stuff from me too.

Hey GiganteMax, welcome to TennisW.com! You sound very knowledgeable about tennis yourself, I think it will be just as you mentioned - that you'll be able to learn from those who are more experienced and also your knowledge will help others as well. TW has been getting much more active lately and a lot more people are visiting the site now... It's great to be having so many more people join the community who are enthusiastic about the game.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com