» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 534

0 members and 534 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thumbs down need some honest opinions...

for tennis, i use a Dunlop C-Max 108 (which is out of production). it is a pretty old racquet but it seems to work well with my game. i've considered buying a new racquet but kinda hesitant because i don't wanna buy a new racquet if my old one is still good. what are your opinions on my racquet? what are the good aspects and bad apects of the racquet that i should know about? i've looked online forever and i haven't found any reviews for this particualr racquet. i was wondering if you could help...

If it works for you that's fine. Most racquets come with a 10 year guarantee nowadays anyway. If you're fine with it just keep it and don't buy a new one. If you like the comfort factor of your racquet and the frame looks stable but still want to improve your hits just get your racquet restrung. I have my racquet restrung every year. But again, if you're fine with it just keep it. Just because it looks old doesn't mean your game will be. My second racquet is around 11 years old and I use that in tournaments still, and it's rarely let me down.

I hope that helps. If you have any other queries don't hesitate to post back

The two rivals

i used C-Max 108 for almost a year now and so far, so good.

This website still lists the C-Max 108 but that doesn't mean they still have it. You can check it out at http://www.tennismenace.com/racquets.htm

If your happy with that racquet then there is no need to worry about switching right away. You can demo at your leisure and see if you might find something you like better.

RACQUETS DO NOT HAVE 10 YEAR GUARENTEES
    Racquet warrenties are usually for 1 year.
    Your C-max racquet is just fine. The only question you have to ask yourself is, Does this or that racquet make me play better? Try out different racquets and see if they improve your performance. If they do then you should probably buy a new racquet.
    DOUG HOFER
    USPTA Certified Tennis Professional
    USRSA Certified Professional Racquet Stringer
    Dunlop Advisory Staff

See my Pro Tips and Tennis Gear at:
    http://www.hofertennis.com

If it works stick with it & just tune it up when needed.
    I have never herd of a 10 year guarentee either, the industry standard is 12 months......maybe

i HAD a tour 66 generation 2 but i didnt like as much as my dnx. i as an 11 yr old boy preffer light wieght racquets.