» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 208

0 members and 208 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

high school try-outs

so, my high school has tennis tryouts on tuesday and wensday. i'm feeling excited and nervous at the same time. i've been praticing for a long time and especially up-ed it this week. i hope my tennis practice has gone to good use. one of my main fears is chocking and not doing as well as i know i can do. do you have any advice in keeping my cool? people say i have potential to make varisty this year (and btw, this is my first and last year for tryouts, i am a senior in high school). any help would be greatly appreciated!

How did everything go for you last week with the tryouts?
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Just remember to keep your swing, one of the biggest mistakes people make is to not trust themselves in big matches or pressure situations. Do what you do well, and do not think about toying with that. You will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    How did everything go for you last week with the tryouts?
    i did pretty well. my record (we played challenge matches to determine a ladder system) is 4-3-1 (the tie had to be b/c of time). i made JV level but thats fine with me, i play for the fun of the sport, not to get some title. i had origanlly planned on playing singles but switched to doubles when i noticed that i do much better at doubles (especially at net!). i'm also a starter.

i'd like to thank everyone on the site that helped me with things, all of your bits of advice really help.