» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 524

0 members and 524 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    Mpol Guest

Unhappy Martina's Retirement Sad, sad occasion!!

I absolutley loved Martina Hingis. Her court smarts, finesse and personality are probably the best of her generation. I dearly miss her court presence and like many, believe that her retirement was a huge blow for women's tennis and the sport in general. Being new to this Forum, i was wondering whether anyone else shared my same feelings!!!

wow, i didn't realize martina was retiring, my heart dropped when i saw that. i'm not very old at 17, and unfortuneately wasn't able to watch martina in her heyday, but i enjoy immensely watching what little amount of her matches channels like espn are willing to show. her skill to me is amazing. she will be deeply missed.

Unhappy

holy cow, i totally misread your post, i thought you meant martina navratilova... wow, yeah, i think it's pretty pathetic that hingis is retiring, there's nothing wrong with her, she just wimped out cause serena and venus came along and, oh no, she can't beat that kind of power i think she should get over it, train harder, and show the williamses what control and court smarts can do.

Mpol Guest

Thumbs down

Martina did not whimp out, that stupid italian shoe company gave her shit shoes to stuffed up her feet! It would take a medical miracle for her feet to get better!!!! She was an amazing player and has done ssssssssoooooooo much for women's tennis!

i understand that she did a lot for tennis, and i regret not having gotten interested in tennis soon enough to have watched her play, but she's giving up because she had some foot problems? i think she should get over her problems, stop blaming everyone else, and just train and work harder. I personally think she saw the serena and venus train coming and decided to leave town, she should buckle down and do her best, that's all that counts.

Mpol Guest
    COME ON!!!!! Give the girl a break. Martina developed arthritis at the age of 22!!!! It's in her hips, and both ankle! That to me it disgusting and her previous shoe company should be serverly penalised!

i don't think the shoe company is to blame. it's martina's fault for wearing their shoes, she had so many other choices, yet she chose those shoes. unless for some reason the shoe company made her shoes faulty on purpose, martina is the only one to blame. i guess you can't really yell at her for quitting if she truly has developed arthritis, but i find it difficult to believe that a 22 year old has arthritis bad enought that it can't be treated and prevents her from playing. i'll bet she comes back to tennis cause she'll miss it so much.

Um- guys - I hate to tell hou this but Martina is playing in the Australian as we speak...

True. She's made it to the QF and has lost in the doubles competition.

Any good player's retirement is sad. However, Martina's retirement isn't nearly as bad as Pete's.