» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 526

0 members and 526 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: new Cdn Member

Thumbs up new Cdn Member

Hi from Canada!
    Our family will be heading down to Palm Springs mid March for a month. We are keen to play singles, mixed or doubles with other like-minded ~ 4.0-5.0 players. We coach tennis part-time in the summer up here. Where is the best place to play in town? We're also coming to watch pro tennis in Indian Wells.

Quote Originally Posted by ckcanuck View Post
    Hi from Canada!
    Our family will be heading down to Palm Springs mid March for a month. We are keen to play singles, mixed or doubles with other like-minded ~ 4.0-5.0 players. We coach tennis part-time in the summer up here. Where is the best place to play in town? We're also coming to watch pro tennis in Indian Wells.
    Well I stopped short of actually making the Calls for you but given you came here with such a positive approach, I felt it appropriate to give you a little help,which I'm certain any of our Members would have done for you ...

Here is a Map of the Area and from the Tennis Community in the Palm Springs area, well you can see for yourself ..

If you decide to contact any of these facilities. let us know how they turned out.

Good Luck & Great Hitting,

Coach

And Welcome to TennisW.Com You can always contact me or for very complicated issues, they might need John (Forum Admin)
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Talking PSP Tennis Links

[QUOTE=Coach;12719]

Coach

Wow! That's awesome coach.
    The home we're renting looks like it's very close to at least 2 sites on your map.We can't wait to get there. Thank gawd for the stable canadian economy. I hear the Plaza Tennis Club Costs $50/pp per week & only lets you play once a day. Might as well go to Ruth Hardy courts, eh?

[QUOTE=ckcanuck;12720]
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post

Coach

Wow! That's awesome coach.
    The home we're renting looks like it's very close to at least 2 sites on your map.We can't wait to get there. Thank gawd for the stable canadian economy. I hear the Plaza Tennis Club Costs $50/pp per week & only lets you play once a day. Might as well go to Ruth Hardy courts, eh?
    I'm not familiar with these Clubs but there's something I really need to tell you. Having lived in Phoenix for some years (Great Tennis Community) and having spent some quality time in Vegas (not to gamble) - I just felt I need to inform you that if you're not comfortable with playing in the heat, then you're in for a real awakening. The type of heat I'm talking about is sizzling baking shoe melting type heat where if the ball is 2 ft beyond your reach, you'll let it go by or you'll find yourself playing around mid-night like we use to do when it cooled down to 100 degrees.

If you insist on playing during the warm season (notice how I said, "Warm?"} then you will develop a great respect for our Pros in Australia.

Please Please Please DRINK PLENTY OF WATER DURING THE SUMMER MONTHS. DRINK WATER AND ALSO DRINK SOMETHING THAT WILL PUT SOME ELECTRO-LITES BACK INTO YOUR SYSTEM. AND DON'T FORGET TO BRING & DRINK LOTS OF WATER. OK BUT REALLY IF YOU GO OUT TO PLAY DURING THE SUMMER AND YOU FIND THAT YOU'VE FORGOTTEN YOUR WATER OR THE FACILITY DOESN'T HAVE WATER, THEN STOP AND GO GET SOME WATER.

oK enuff about water, I think you get the point but I have seen young guys fall down from too much moister evaporating from their bodies. So if you like Playing Tennis in Paradise during the Winter / Fall / Spring you couldn't pick a better place. I wish you all the best and please keep us informed as to how that's going ..

Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

i love me some tennis