» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 513

0 members and 513 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Dunlop C Max 108 Muscle Weave question

Hey folks!
    New to site
    My son bought me a C Max 108 racket for Christmas. I would like to know you thoughts on this rackets playability since I've found very little info on the internet. I'm an intermediate player. I was actually looking for rackets in the 150 to 200.00 range before Christmas, but now feel a little funky looking for a racket after my Son bought me this one!
    Thanks in advance, Jeff

Dunlop racquets

Jeff,
    The Dunlop C Max 108 is an out of production model. They haven't made that racquet in a couple of years but you can always find great deals on out of production racquets. 1st the 108 says it's an oversize. Most intermediate players should be trying to improve their game and leaning towards a midsize frame. I think this racquet is still a good frame because if I recall it is all graphite and isn't blending with aluminum or titanium. The C Max is the contoured edge of the frame giving it a "C" shape to maximize string length and strength of the frame. Other than that I am just guess.
    Doug Hofer
    Dunlop Advisory Staff Pro
    DOUG HOFER
    USPTA Certified Tennis Professional
    USRSA Certified Professional Racquet Stringer
    Dunlop Advisory Staff

See my Pro Tips and Tennis Gear at:
    http://www.hofertennis.com

Oh, the muscle weave are the bumps on the outside of the grommets strip where the strings go. The bumps make the string curve around the frame more circular to ease the movement of the string around the frame.
    DOUG HOFER
    USPTA Certified Tennis Professional
    USRSA Certified Professional Racquet Stringer
    Dunlop Advisory Staff

See my Pro Tips and Tennis Gear at:
    http://www.hofertennis.com

Cool C-MAX 105

I bought 2 of this rackets just yesterday. They are on-sale at Big5 Sportinggoods. Will try it this week end and let you know how they do for me.

Tennis Addic

Smile

The results are in. I love it. This racket allows me hit my forehand with a lot more pop and fewer missed hits.

Tennisaddic

tennis4life Guest

great

i got the c-max 108 last sunday and i love it with this racket i can whip it a lot faster and come around making the result of the hit a lot faster it is a great racquet.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up wow

totaly amazing raquet i am young but know alot about form. this raquet improves your form buy giving a powerful (when needed) shot and good spin. the shock absorber is ausome: if you can get to the ball you probably have a 4-14% chance more hitting the ball in(!) especially if you are on the run! made me so much better it is an extention of your arm. needs to be a bit larger but you get used to it. hardly any energy is needed to use it. train with it too because it can get bad if you swich weights if you know wat i mean! realy good at those last second "aw man i thought it was gonna go out" situations. now i have gotten a lot of those kind of shots amazing racquet thank ur son a hole lot!!

Unregistered Guest

Exclamation its me again

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH
    but now feel a little funky looking for a racket after my Son bought me this one!
    Thanks in advance, Jeff
    whell its me again i posted above!
    look at the triads by wilson if its too small... check to see if its the grip or the length.... try it and you probably will love it... one prob with the grip: i get blisters on my right hand(just normal hitting no games!) so watch out it happens more than normal but it doesn't hurt its just annnoying they come up and then pop and i dont even notice it. hah. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffH
    Hey folks!
    New to site
    My son bought me a C Max 108 racket for Christmas. I would like to know you thoughts on this rackets playability since I've found very little info on the internet. I'm an intermediate player. I was actually looking for rackets in the 150 to 200.00 range before Christmas, but now feel a little funky looking for a racket after my Son bought me this one!
    Thanks in advance, Jeff
    hey

Dunlop racquets? y bother buying won dunlop make tyres and they should stick to it

GaSgUeT