» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 823

0 members and 823 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

What must Roddick do to win a Grand Slam:

I think that as long as Federer is around and healthy he will not let roddick win any grand slams. But there are things that roddick can do to increase his own chances of winning. Lets list them:
    1.)Roddick should not take long big swings (only when necessary)
    2.)Play doubles whether its competitive or exhibition(doesnt have to be on tv)-this will develop his volleying game.
    3.)Roddick MUST not rush into serving, he should slow down a bit. (i believe roddick might be trying to get into a rythm or gain momentum when doing that, but its just going to make things worse)
    4.)Work specifically on his RUNNING backhand not just backhand
    5.)Have a sneak attack at the right time (i think he has that already)Connors is also helping him with his backhand. Looks like its working.
    6.)DO NOT flick wrist that much when hitting "SHORT" balls. Too many easy SHORT balls are missed simply by flicking his wrist.

It's 90% mental, 10% physical. It's sad that we have discuss Roddicks mechanics. I personally could care less about his physical game. It's his mental game that sucks. As we saw in the Austalian Open, Roddick got demoralized by Federer.

Federer is so good that it really doesn't matter what he does. Roddick will only be able to Federer when Federer is having a very bad day. It's that simple. Federer is superior to everyone technically and mentally.

In Roddick's case, it is definitely mental. At the Australian Open in 2007, he was so demoralized after losing the first-set tiebreaker, he started missing easy forehands wildly. He must expect people to pick up the intensity at key points in the match. His mental crumbling is too predictable, and it gives his opponents a pronounced advantage. He has all the talent in the world. His volleys are mediocre; I wish Sampras would give him some lessons! Why not?