» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 508

0 members and 508 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Greatest of All Time

It is time to bring out the gloves. Who do you think is the best of all time? Why?

What about Tiger Woods comments, that R-Fed is the most dominant athelete in teh world?

its obvious that Fed is the most talented of all time and currently the most dominant athlete in the world. (even though its strange he lost to Canas twice) That being said I would like to give some praise for guys who are doing some amazing things. ie.... Fabrice Santoro, he is 36 and still in the top 50 at a towering hight of 5'7 with no real form this guy is still beating top ten players with his mind. truly an amazing person to watch and he says this will be his last year. if you get a chance check him out before he is gone.
    www.tennisguru.com
    Get Re-Strung!

No kidding. A little craftiness goes a long way. Old age and treachery can beat youth and inexperience.

Federerkid10 Guest
    Federer is obvoiusly the best player currently, and, of all-time. Period, no doubt about it, can't deny it, case closed, end of story, ughhhh. Now I can't remember anything else. Sooo, I'm done.

Hi,
    let me first confess that my nickname is not my real one.. :-)

The greatest tennis player of all time is ROD LAVER, the australian whose peak was during the 60s. According to my firm belief, there can hardly be any doubt about this! The only one player that can threaten Laver on the throne is Federer, but before that, he must continue for some more years with similar achievements, as he has already made.

If Fed wins the French and beats Pete's record he will be acclaimed the best player of the modern era.

Crocker Jarmin Guest
    I'd have to say Rod Laver.

Pete Sampras (even though Pete never won a French open), I still consider him to be one of the best for mens tennis. Roger Federer is getting close to Pete's record of 14 grand slams majors. Ever notice that both players have similiar playing styles ? There's a youtube video of both players almost doing exact serves side by side.
    Last edited by Roger Serafin; 09-13-2007 at 01:39 AM.

Wink roger d gr8

i am sure that roger is d best

I think that tennis is turning a corner while without doubt roger fed is the best player ever the players that are still juniors have people like him and justin henin to gauge themselves against and i think that we will start to see some amazing juniors appearing on the circuits in the few years i hope my daughter is one of them

I believe rafa will be able to become as powerful and winning on grass then hard court and he will be the greatest in history in time.

For now definitely Rod laver and Margaret Court.

Martina also is one of the best and the #1 commentator.

Lots of greats in my mind: in abc order

Andre Agassi, Bjorn Borg, Maureen Connolly, Margaret Court, Roger Federer, Steffi Graf, Justine Henin, Billie Jean King, Rod Laver, Ivan Lendl, Martina Navratilova, Pete Sampras, Bill Tilden

After watching the French I'd like to add Rafa Nadal as well.
    Last edited by Fay; 06-16-2008 at 02:41 PM. Reason: forgot

Quote Originally Posted by luvyoyoma1954 View Post

Martina also is one of the best and the #1 commentator.
    Yuppers, I agree. Should get rid of some of those commentators who talk nonsense while people are playing ....

Talking

Fay, I am glad to talk with another fan of Martina Navratilova, especially as a commentator. I wish she did every Nadal match, every single one.