» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 700

0 members and 700 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Sportsmanship Question

My wife was playing a match and got into an argument with her opponent. My wife called a ball out and her opponent disagreed. My wife confirmed her call. When changing sides, her opponent yelled at her and basically called her a cheater. My wife conceded the match and left the court rather than be abused. This was a USTA League Tennis match and my wife's team wants to file a grievance, but we're having trouble finding a specific section of "The Code" that was violated. "The Code" is clear that the line call was my wife's to make and the opening section mentions avoiding unsportman-like conduct like yelling, racket abuse, etc, but is there anything else?

Try contacting your local league coordinator to see what options you have and if you can file a grievance. You can visit the USTA website or try this link to search coordinator by state: http://www.usta.com/site_services/cu...tompageid=6704

It's ashame we have so many people like that.

We've spoken to the coordinator, but all we got back was the grievance form. She seems like she wants to be a bystander above the fray since she will be involved in the actual decision and she knows both players.