» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 757

0 members and 757 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    auclair Guest

Federer's racquet

It looks to me Roger Federer is not playing with the racquet he pretends to play with.
    I think he is actually playing with a Classic Pro Staff 6.0 with cosmetics.
    Anyone has an idee about this ?

Laurent

rick Guest
    It is not uncommon for players to play with there old standard frame made to look like a new racket sku. It is done oftenon the men's tour.

TopSpin469 Guest

Smile

I hope he is using the new pro staff tour bc i just bought that racket.......its real sweet ill probably pick it up tomorrow

rick Guest
    Buy it if you like it. If it fits your style of swing go for it, but don't ever confuse the racket on the pro shop wall with the one the pro plays with. When I strung a few rackets for some DAVIS CUP players, I found out quickly that what they play with and what is on the wall are two entirely differnt animals. Godd luck.

Zylon360 Guest
    It is also highly unwise to buy a racquet based purely on the fact that it "appears a pro uses the same one". Man, this is such a common mistake of beginners and even intermediates who should know better. I use a Zylon360 because it gets the job done when I use it properly. The same goes for golf clubs. A good friend of mine makes his own and plays them as effectively as the shelf look alikes.

Just because The williams sister's appear to have signed your racquet before it was put on the wall does not mean that now you will win like they often win.

Hey, this is just my humble opinion though, maybe if I used a PureControl Babolat I could be like A-Rod!

slice Guest

racquet

Federer now is using the wilson n code six one

As a couple of posters noted, the pros are not playing with the racquets you see in stores. The pros' racquets are custom jobs. Yes, a racquet might carry the Babolat label because the player is being paid to endorse the brand, but for all we know, that racquet may be balanced more like a Dunlop. My advice: don't bother with who's playing with what racquet, since you'll never play with it anyway -- experiment and find the racquet that's best for your game.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tenista
    As a couple of posters noted, the pros are not playing with the racquets you see in stores. The pros' racquets are custom jobs. Yes, a racquet might carry the Babolat label because the player is being paid to endorse the brand, but for all we know, that racquet may be balanced more like a Dunlop. My advice: don't bother with who's playing with what racquet, since you'll never play with it anyway -- experiment and find the racquet that's best for your game.
    On Point! I did this. I didnt just DEMO the sticks I BOUGHT 8 different sticks, used them and then decided. There are so many variables that only some time on court will tell. It helps to know which string is best for you too. Thats done the same way, by putting the money where the ball is!

Almost everybody in the top ten mens or womens play with custom made raquets or their frames are painted to look new. Don't look at what they are swinging in posters, but look at what they have in actual match play photos and compare it to what they used to have. An easy one is Korunikova,,,she played with the SRQ500 for several years after it was discontinued, but it looked a lot like a Ti1600. I would bet a lot of $$$$ Federer still plays with the 6.0 Pro Staff. Most of the new racquets are gimmicks and junk that change every year so the companies can make cash...don't get suckered, stick with the stuff that has been around for at least ten years.