» Stats

Members: 14,104
Threads: 4,792
Top Poster: LictGaftutima (14,409)
Welcome to our newest member, FMayo

» Online Users: 40

4 members and 36 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 601, 08-31-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Looking for tournament prize ideas

I am in charge of purchasing prizes for a tournament, and want to get some original ideas...NOT t shirts etc.
    I read in another forum as well as in the Chicago Tribune about a thin wicking sports towel that kills bacteria naturally, but want to know if anyone has tried them or dealt with the company. The towel is called Wick-er Warmup, the website is www.discoverytrekking.com
    They apparently have silver in the fiber which is what is so novel (kills bacteria) and they dry really fast. I am thinking of getting just a few to try before I make bulk purchase. The gear review in the Tribune was very positive, but this is a big expense for us. Comments? They make them for swimming (large) but we are just thinking of the small one for court sports.

Prizes for Tournaments

I can't speak for the "tennis towels" that Discovery Trekking make, but I have purchased the large swim & travel towel from this company, and it is the best towel I have ever used. I bought one after reading about this company in Sailing Magazine, I assume the small towels for court sports are the same fabric. It is very light, drys amazingly fast, and kills bacteria. I think if I were having to buy prizes for a tournament I would give them a try for sure. If you do, let us know how you liked them.