» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 541

0 members and 541 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Need some advice...

Found a O3 speedsport blue on craigslist, the guy says its brand new but the pics are a little decieving.

From what I can tell the dampner on the new ones is integrated into the bottom portion of the head but on this guys racquet, it's in the middle.

What gives?

Sellers racquet:

New racquet:

Thanks in advance....
    Last edited by Goonie; 09-24-2008 at 11:02 PM.

Greetings Goonie ~

First off, Welcome to Tennisw. I'm sorry I missed when you registered because I generally like to greet each member but I'm happy you're onBoard.

Based upon the picture you're showing, that appears to be a Prince 03 Speedport Blue. I'm not sure what a Sport Blue is so maybe another Member can help you with that. Although, that is a Speedport Series Racquet and a darn nice one at that.

From the picture you provided, it looks to be in very good condition. They generally run in the $200 USD range so if your Seller is asking significantly lower than that, I'd grab it if you know how these Racquets feel when you're hitting.

Very nice Stick for Baseline players that want good power with well balanced control. It's NOT for the heavy Top Spin style Player. If you are a Player that hits heavy top spin and uses an extremely western grip, I would recommend going to your local Sports Supply Store and trying this racquet out first. You might find it not the stick for you but if you've already done that and know this is what you want, then jump on it, if the price is right.

Let us know what happened

Again Welcome & Good Luck,
    Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Thanks Coach! I meant Speedsport

I demo'd a few racquets and buying a Babolat Aero tomorrow.

This would be for my 2.0 GF.

And my question was that the dampner doesn't appear to be the same in the ones I find new to the used one from CL. Btw: he wants only $100

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie View Post

And my question was that the dampner doesn't appear to be the same in the ones I find new to the used one from CL. Btw: he wants only $100
    Actually the Speedsport's Damper is not located in a fixed position as in the pic you showed below. The picture has all the characteristics of a Speedsport, with adjustable Damper.

The Babalot Aero just happens to be the racquet some guy name Rafael Nadal uses. If you happen to know this guy, I think he's has some relatively good success with it. So, does this mean, you do hit with heavy top spin?

Cheers,
    Coach
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.

topspin is my middle name

so Coach, i shouldnt worry about the dampner, just buy the damn thing?

If he recently re-strung it and is only asking $100 with cover (right) why not BUT what about the Babalot? I have approx. 7 sticks all the same. Some are strung with different psi but my frames are the same for consistency which is very important.

If you already have the Prince and intend to stick with that frame [answer is YES] however if you are considering moving to the Babalot, then get the Babalot because I happen to think that's a very nice frame, with incredible balance from top to bottom.

Nadal also uses Babalot Duralast Pro Tour .. combination poly/gut

Thanks Coach.

This O3 speedsport blue is going to the GF

Hopefully, pickin up the Babolat for myself today. Just need to think about the string for it. Considerin a few strings at the moment. I want pop with topspin and durability for the time being. Babolat pro tour is probably going to be what i end up with.

Because you asked, I had to check it out and since I have no drills today and since none of my hitting buddies are around, I'm home drinking coffee and finally getting to watch the conclusion of the Dallas / Green Bay Game I recorded.

Don't tell me who won

Anyway, this link will show you the stick the amazing Rafael Nadal uses to destroy his opponents. When I was young(er), of the group of guys I hung with that played guitar, one in particular wanted to sound like Jimi Hendrix, so he talked his dad into buying a Marshall 100w Stack and of course he also bought a White Stratocaster with a Wah wah pedal. I, on the other hand didn't come from a family that had that kind of cash so I played whatever my dad found in the Pawn Shop.

Well bottomline, he was always annoyed that people told me I sounded like Jimi when I played and he didn't even come close to sounding like Hendrix.

Why, you ask? Great Question .. It's not always about the equipment you use. You sound like you have a great head on your shoulders. That Racquet will give you everything you ask of it and more but as you know, it's all about technique.

Here is Nadal's weapon of choice > Babolat AeroPro Drive Cortex

Don't keep us hanging, gotta find out what you decided ..

Coach
    Last edited by Coach; 09-25-2008 at 04:01 PM.

I hear ya Coach. I play hockey and a hockey stick is $200. They break often, usually last me 3-5 games. I buy the cheapo ones for $50 and my friend buys the most expensive. I still out score him every game Same with skates, have had the same pair for 6 years, my friend buys new ones $600 a pop every 2 years.

I demo'd the Babolat, loved it, I play with a heavy topspin. To my suprise it even improved my serve, both flat and spun.

I bought it today, getting strung tomorrow. I chose Babolat Hurricane Tour. Now just need to get the tension right, any suggestions?

Can't wait to get it Saturday!!! I have a Prince O3 White now and getting a little bored.

Btw: struck a deal with that Speedsport blue for $80, pickin it up tomorrow, I'll let ya know how it is.