» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 517

0 members and 517 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    matt007 Guest

Which Racket/ General Help

Hi All,

I'm 33 and have been using a cheap Donnay Challenge racket, however the strings are now a bit wonky and I feel it's time to get a new racket.

Although I have been playing for 6 months I feel I would be classed as a beginnerl. I rarely hit the ball out but simply get the ball over. I am now playing a better opponent than the one I have played in the past, he serves hard and hits the ball much harder than me but I manage to grab a win by just keeping the ball in play (Even thought he is better at tennis than I am. I want to gradually change this as I will start getting beat. He is 6"3 with a thunderous serve, in rallies I get pushed back and play near the baseline (even thought I don't want to) and find him dictating the play.

I'm a left hander and I seem to be able to hit my 2 handed backhand much harder (and more accurate) than my forehand

I feel my 'keep the ball in play tactics' won't pay off for much longer and therefore I need a new racket that I can start to hit the ball fairly hard and hopefully improve my game.

Any suggestions ?

Your racquet preference probably will change as you progress. Everyone has their own personal preferences and needs when it comes to choosing a racquet, maybe you want more power or prefer more control. being a beginner that may not be so important to you, so i would recommend an oversize with a lot of power, and as you become better you may want to move to a smaller racquet head with more control. it's your choice though. Find a local shop or demo from an online site. I have demoed for months before deciding. Don't overlook the string choice and tension which is as important as the racquet.

if you want power, get a dnx power arm. go on www.volkl.com and check out the bb and dnx series.(bb-boris becker)