» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 786

0 members and 786 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: selling stuff?

selling stuff?

are we allowed to sell racquets and other tennis equipment on this forumn?

I have looked several times for a "For Sale/Trade" forum, but I don't think there is one.

It would be a nice addition.
    In tennis the addict moves about a hard rectangle and seeks to ambush a fuzzy ball with a modified snow-shoe. Elliot Chaze

I think this could be a fine idea. One thing, though, is that I wouldn't want it to be used some way by people to spam the site. Or, just by those who are only here to sell us stuff and not actually here to participate in the community.

Think I should set some kind of limit so that only TW members who have been here over a period of time or who have a certain number of messages posted can post in that forum?
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

I am not sure what would best protect the integrity of the site, possibly only individual sellers, and/or only equipment purchased for personal use.

However, I have 2 racquets I purchased new, with plastic still on the grip, I may very well sell in the next couple months, but they would fit above, except I purchased them new, and haven't used them [purchased 3, using one and still considering other options].

It would be nice to have a place to list items owned by individuals to sell, though, if it can be done without creating a headache for admin.
    In tennis the addict moves about a hard rectangle and seeks to ambush a fuzzy ball with a modified snow-shoe. Elliot Chaze

Craigs List style

Maybe you could create a craigslist style of buying and selling. People could mention what they would like to buy or sell and the post would only last 30 days. They have to be members at least 90 days and have at least 10 posts. Sounds good to me.

I am concerned when you have people like nikejordanaaa who are attempting to spam your boards already.
    Sincerely,
    David Patterson

The best deals on tennis racquets are at Tennis Plaza in Miami.

Re: Selling stuff

I am here to communicate about tennis, but I wouldn't mind seeing a buy/sell thread. I am offering a cool tennis image on shirts and gifts, via my site. It's been popular amoung tennis fans. My site is not just for tennis though. As long as people don't abuse the thread with SPAM it would be nice to see new stuff. I have my site in my signature, but I can take it off if it is requested.
    "Success is a journey, not a destination. Have faith in your ability."

--Bruce Lee

http://www.cafepress.com/igotworms