» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 769

0 members and 769 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    spinball Guest
    Agassi is one of the best, but the greatest? I don't think so. He has won on every surface, but I don't think he has been a dominant player that others fear.

TennisOpinions.com

i guess he is one of the greatest of all time.it's not only about his extreme athletic capabilities,he has mental strength and control as well.he's not one of my favourites,but i enjoy watching his matches just because he goes for the big shot everytime he can and his topspin serves are really cool!! watch out for him he can win a slam this season!

Well... now Safin's better...

Rod Laver is the greatest. He's the only male to win 2 Grand Slams and he would of won even more. His first Grand Slam came as an amateur. When he turned pro he was not allowed to play in the Grand Slam touraments until 1968 when they accepted professionals. He then won all four majors again as a pro, ten years later! Yes, 10 years between Grand Slams.
    DOUG HOFER
    USPTA Certified Tennis Professional
    USRSA Certified Professional Racquet Stringer
    Dunlop Advisory Staff

See my Pro Tips and Tennis Gear at:
    http://www.hofertennis.com

TwIsTsErVe Guest

One of the greatest

I think he has to be considered one of the greatest, because of he has been successful in not just his own generation, but in the next generation where the technology as well the competition has gotten better and more difficult. Not trying to take anything away from players like McEnroe, who was probably the most talented player to play the game, but agassi has not only survived but thrived facing such adversity.

Smile

I'm 40. I watched a few matches with Mcenroy, Borg, many with Sampras, many with Agassi. I understand peoples in ages love old times, old players, traditions and etc. It seems to them that old is better than new. But times is changing, tennis is in continious progress as players themselves. To become first today is much harder than 10 years ago, and 100 times harder than 20-30 years ago.

So from my opinion the history never new such a great and talantic tennis-player as Roger Federer.

federer

If he stays healthy, Roger Federer will be the greatest ever. He has a command of the court and all aspects of the game that none of the forementioned players had. Just one example -- Agassi's return of serve, which is indeed great. Federer's is just as good, if not better.

Ken Rosewall and Lew Hoad? Not even the best of their time, much less all time (although I was a big Hoad fan as a kid).

Unregistered Guest

Agassi Is The Best

I would probably have to agree with everyones points on this question regarding Agassi as being the best and those who oppose him and yes I will admit that I am a MASSIVE Agassi fan but I highly doubt in anyway that my supporting him would make my opinion of him biast in any way at all.

To say the greatest ever I would break that into 2 catagories when assessing this subject: On court ability and off court ability while yes you could probably argue that his on court ability has been matched and surpassed at times throughout his somewhat turbulent career he has also provided some of the on court highlights of all time who can forget his thrilling duels with Sampras throughout the 90's or for that matter his amazing comeback from 141st to first from 1997 to 1999 or what about his emotional win at wimbledon in 1992 these are only testament to his strength and mental resilience that has placed him very very high on the list of all time greats.

Off court of course he has captivated nearly everyone who follows tennis at some stage or another whether it be his overwhelming joy at Wimbledon in 1992 or be it his amazing thirst for the spotlight in every game he plays this is the guy remember that gets the whole arena behind him at every country he plays in he is the most recognisable player still competing in tennis today which probably stands out moreso today because tennis at the present stage is full of lifeless personalityless tennis robots at the moment who either want to swear at someone or break their racket and couldnt get a laugh in after match interviews if they tried only degrading the game in a time where Agassi has not only matured with aged but gotten better with age and is now the leading ambasitor for young aspiring tennis players for future generations.

If you want to measure someones ranking of alltime compared to the greats of the game surely you would also look at what they personally have given to tennis along with their unhumanly insane ability on the court. Could you honestly say McEnroe was a good example for upcoming kids in tennis with his somewhat unsavoury tongue that spat of profanity like it was the new english standard for his national anthem? Or could you say Hewitt was a good representative for the sport with his filthy mouth and his violent behavior towards his racket? Or what about Sampras a Drunken Womaniser if I ever did see one but he won a truck load of Grand Slams but alot of people would agree with me when I say his amazing ability to buckle under the pressure and waste golden opportunities along with his not to user friendly off court life will allways be held against his worth in the all time stakes.

Yes Agassi has been known to reel off profanities from time to time but this is the man who showed up in tennis and instantly started setting a whole new standerd on the way tennis should and could be played. Could you honestly say anyone has given a more crowd pleasing contribution be it after match interviews to heart in mouth victores in the history of the game?

I think not.

Pete is the greatest , not Agassi

No, agassi is not the greatest. Ya, he has more wins than Pete, but he has played 5 more years than him. Also, it took Andre 7 years to win his first grand slam, apposed to Sampras's 5 slams in 7 years---winning 13 titles before turning 29. Even Federer accomplished more by his 7th season. Hello! 5 slams in seven years, to Agassi's 5 slams in 14 years. He wasn't all that good his first ten years on the tour, it only changed when he switched coaches and became better conditioned. I will give him credit for winning all 4 grand slams, but as far as being the best, he is maybe 4th or 5th.

Unregistered Guest

Question clueless

fedroger, where do you come up with this stuff?

Question

fed roger
    those were cool facts
    but y is ur name fedroger when u like pete?

Unregistered Guest

pointless and meaningless knowledge

you two are a couple of low lifers, with nothing but garbage between the ears. look in the mirror fellows. you're a couple of dirtballs. stupid and living through idols. bad combo.

Talking

just shut up
    idols are sexy
    especially henin
    and fedroger is cool

Unregistered Guest

Talking shit for brains

and you have shit for brains

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    and you have shit for brains

No your a jack ass for trying to put people down over the internet. Get life ass hat.