» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 472

0 members and 472 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Talking

i love henin

zackdelarocha Guest
    Of course, Agassi is the MAN.
    I sincerely respect him as a player on and off court.

Oh yea, I'm new here at the forums.
    The name's Zack. I've been playing tennis for about a couple of months now.
    It's an awesome sport and I regret not playing during middle school.
    I should have, but I was too stupid. But, it's hella good sport.

My three favorite players are :

Agassi, Federer, and Nadal (MENS)

Maria, Williams, Davenport (WOMENS)

Unregistered Guest
    You can consider Sampras the GOAT (Greatest of all-time)... but if that is the case, you need to eliminate the French as one of the "Grand Slams". It is clear that excluding that surface, Sampras was pretty DOMINANT.
    However, since it IS generally considered a Grand Slam, YOU CANNOT CONSIDER SAMPRAS AS THE GREATEST.
    But Agassi cannot be either, since (while he won each GS), he never loomed over every tournament as the man.

The GOAT is probably one of the older guys I never saw play before.

Unregistered Guest

Agassi IS THE GREATEST EVER

I say AGASSI IS THE GREATEST EVER BECUASE OF THE FACT PREVIOUSLY STATED, AGASSI WON THE THE GRAND SLAM IN TENNIS IN ALL SURFACES AND WON ALL 4 MAJOR TITLES. WIMBLEDON,US OPEN, AUSTRALIAN AND THE TOUGHEST OF THEM ALL THE FRENCH OPEN. WINNING THE FRENCH PUT AGASSI IN THE ICON AND LEGEND CATEGORY.
    BORG,CONNORS,MCENROE,SAMPRAS,LENDL,WILANDER, NEVER WON THE FRENCH OPEN. (CONNORS COULD HAVE BUT SKIPPED THE FRENCH THE YEAR HE WON THE OTHER 3 MAJORS.
    TO WIN IN ALL SURFACES AND TO WIN ALL 4 GRAND SLAMS PUTS AGASSI AS THE MASTER OF TENNIS, THE ICON OF TENNIS , A LIVING LEGEND.
    HAIL TO THE KING, THE GREAT ANDRE AGASSI ! AT 35 YEARS OLD HE NOT ONLY WENT TO THE US OPEN FINAL BUT HE PLAYED FEDERER STROKE FOR STROKE. WHAT A MASTER, WHAT A TENNIS GENIUS.
    OF ALL THE PLAYERS, LAVER,BUDGE,MCENROE,CONNORS,BORG,LENDL,SAMPRAS .....ANDRE AGASSI WAS THE GREATEST BALL STRIKER IN TENNIS. NO ONE CAN COMPARE.
    WITH ALL THE DIFFERENT STYLES OF PLAYING, IF I COULD PLAY TENNIS I WANT TO PLAY LIKE ANDRE BUT YOU KNOW I CAN'T AND A MILLION OTHER PEOPLE CAN'T BECAUSE HE IS ONE OF A KIND. NO ONE CAN PLAY THE WAY ANDRE CAN THAT'S WHY HE IS SO UNIQUE, AND SPECIAL.
    BEING AROUND THE TENNIS SCENE, SEEING DIFFERENT PLAYERS, THE MCENROES,THE BORG'S , THE CONNORS, THE CHANGS, THE SAMPRASES,.
    JOHN MCENROE CAN'T CARRY AGASSI'S TENNIS BAG THAT'S HOW GREAT I THINK ANDRE IS AND HE IS TRULY WELL DESERVING OF THIS ACCOLADE.
    IF THIS IS CLOSE TO THE END OF THE GREAT AGASSI RUN THEN YESTERDAY'S US OPEN YOU WITNESSED THE CHANGING OF THE GUARD, OR THE PASSING OF THE TORCH FROM AGASSI TO FEDERER. FEDERER IS ALSO A GREAT PLAYER. BUT BEFORE YOU CROWN HIM THE GREATEST , HE'S GOT TO WIN THE FRENCH AND THAT SEPARATES THE GREATNESS AND GENIUS AND MASTER OF AGASSI ABOVE THE REST. HAIL TO THE KING, ANDRE THE KING AND LEGEND OF TENNIS. LONG LIVE THE GREATEST PLAYER TO PLAY THE GAME.

Unregistered Guest

Agassi the great

corrections: lendl,wilander did win the french but they did not win wimbledon.

Smile

No one could be the winner forever,but I like him very much.

Talking

I love henin

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm agassi

uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no, he is not the GOAT and once federer wins the french maybe you could say federer is the GOAT.

btw i love henin, i like kim clijster better!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm agassi

uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm no, he is not the GOAT and once federer wins the french maybe you could say federer is the GOAT.

i guess to classify the GOAT we need to see if the player is better at (the french) clay or (wimbledon) grass because all players are good at hard.

btw i love henin, i like kim clijster better! and until henin wins WIMBLEDON, i will never take my words back!

Talking

ull take ur words back soon wen henin gets a grand slam nexy year
    ull see

Unregistered Guest

Is Aggasi the greatist

Well I'll vote for durability. I think he's been the most durable player.

The greatest....well now....there are too many other qualifying conditions.
    When I consider or think about who might be called the greatest player, I think about wood racquets versus today's wide range of available racquets. This feature alone means you can't compare Laver against Aggasi or Sampras.
    Certainly he will go down in current day history in the top 3.

Talking

i love henin

Unregistered Guest
    In my opinion, Agassi was greater than Sampras on slower courts and Sampras was greater on faster courts. Put these statistics into perspective:

Grand Slams Wins:
    Slow Surfaces (AO & FO): Agassi 5 Wins (4 AO, 1RG) over Sampras 2 Wins (2AO, 0RG)
    Fast Surfaces (WB & US): Sampras 12 Wins (7 WB, 5 US) over Agassi 3 Wins (1WB, 2 US)

Masters Series:
    Slow Surfaces (Indian Wells, Miami, Monte Carlo, Rome, Hamburg): Agassi 8 Wins (1 Indian Wells, 6 Miami, 0 Monte Carlo, 1 Rome, 0 Hamburg) over Sampras 6 Wins (2 Indian Wells, 3 Miami, 0 Monte Carlo, 1 Rome, 0 Hamburg)
    Fast Surfaces (Canada, Cincinnati, Stuggart/Madrid, Paris, Masters Cup): Agassi 9 Wins (3 Canada, 3 Cincinnati, 1 Madrid, 2 Paris) over Sampras 5 Wins (0 Canada, 3 Cincinnati, 0 Stuggart/Madrid, 2 Paris)

World Championships/ Masters Cup:
    Fast Surfaces: Sampras 5 Wins over Agassi 1 Win

So, the tally of Sections Won:
    Agassi: 3 'Wins' (2 slow, 1 fast)
    Sampras: 2 'Wins' (2 fast)

Based on the facts above, it is difficult to determine whether Agassi is greater than Sampras, or if Sampras is greater than Agassi. However, it is fair to say that Agassi has more of a multi-purpose (surface) game than Sampras, while Sampras' game is more destructive than Agassi's on faster courts.

Talking

henin rox

Unregistered Guest

What about Federer?

Look, I know Andre is the americans hero, but you guys have to come to grips that Roger is just too unstopable. Roger is going to be tough to beat in the next couple of years. Especially with the racquet he has, the wilson ncode. Thats a hell of a racquet. I was looking online at the differences between andres and rogers and rogers is much heavier, producing more power and is a much stiffer frame.