» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 615

0 members and 615 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    Tennis_Playa Guest

Talking Which racquet...:)

Hi all,

I'm 15 years of age and I've been playing for 6 months or so. I've improved so much that I caught up to my friend's division which he has been playin for 6 years and his mates for 2 years or so. I have been using a babolat pulsar lite evolution for those 6 months.

At home, I used a tennis equipment called the "hit up" (by roger rasheed) with my racquet. I kept wacking the ball hard and firm and suddenly my strings break on the top of the head of my racquet. ME SO ANGRY! So I continue with my babolat pulsar lite evolution and more strings break on the side of my racquet this time.

I don't know if it was so durable for those 6 months .

Details of the babolat pulsar lite evolution are in this site:

http://www.babolat.com/english/tennis/rackets/index.php

(They've changed the colour of it now....)

The store I bought the racquet from was in Rebel Sport (famous sport store in Australia)

I'm going to get a new racquet asap. I am pretty tall for my age, around 5 foot 11 or grown more . So any ideas to which racquet would be suitable for me?. Probably a racquet around the $150-$200 ( or a tiny bit more ) would be good. Don't want to spend too much....

Thanks
    Last edited by Tennis_Playa; 01-20-2007 at 12:19 AM.

Try to demo a few rackets before making a purchase. I'm fond of the Prince O3s, but it sounds like you have plenty of power. Perhaps try the Babolat Aeros and Pure Drives?

In terms of your strings breaking, you may want to look at new strings - something more durable. Perhaps a hybrid of something soft and durable, for example Babolat VS natural gut with Babolat Hurricane.

Tennis_Playa Guest
    So do you think I should buy a new racquet with better strings? Or is there a way to change the strings of my racquet like replace it with the Babolat vs natural gut with hurricane?. How do you take em off and put em back in? So new to this...lol.

Is demoing expensive?

And those strings aren't so durable I read the feedback at:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feed...ml?pcode=BTG17
    Last edited by Tennis_Playa; 01-22-2007 at 12:37 AM.

You need a stringing machine to string your own rackets. The cheapest costs about $150. They generally pay for themself quickly if you'll be playing a lot of serious tennis. Otherwise, check with your local tennis center, golfsmith, or sporting goods store to see about re-stringing.

Tennis warehouse has a demo program. You pay like $15 or so for the ability to try out 4 rackets for a week, I think. There is a demo program button on the top of their website.
    I live near a golfsmith, and they charge $10 to try a racket out for 5 days - then the $10 is credited if you end up buying the racket from them.

A good durable string is Luxilon Big Banger. But make sure you don't get elbow issues. You may need to string it with another string in a hybrid setup.

Tennis_Playa Guest
    Thanks Jay .

Talking hello im new!!!

Hello! i am new to the site

i am ordering a tennis racket called volkl DNX 6.
    my coaches all have one. the annoying thing that all the websites say its aimed at girls but one site called www.tennisnuts.com.