» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 516

0 members and 516 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

what racket should i get

Hi me and my brother are just getting into tennis and I was wandering what racket I should get? I don't really want to spend more then 30 dolors.

Thanks
    Last edited by jessetjames; 06-02-2007 at 11:43 PM.

probably at the local goodwill store since you are not willing to spend a decent amount for a good quality racquet. don't mean to be an ___. but if that's what you can afford. then make the best of it. especially if you are just starting out. you are probably better off investing that money on lessons.

I agree with junbug, $30 wont get you anything but a cheap aluminum frame from your local sporting goods store or a very old (and strained out) frame from goodwill. A performance frame costs $150-$250. As you get better you will probably want to get one and you will have to learn about racquet specs to know which ones suit your style of play and which ones to seriously look at or demo. As a beginner you probably want an oversize frame to help you with off-center shots. As you get better learn the specs. There are some good spec tables on www.NothingButTennis.com, look in the FAQ pages i think. Now that i understand all the specs, i can buy a frame without even demoing it.

Quote Originally Posted by jessetjames View Post
    Hi me and my brother are just getting into tennis and I was wandering what racket I should get? I don't really want to spend more then 30 dolors.

Thanks
    Best bet is buy a Used Racquet which Was 150.00 +++ and go for a 10oz + weight so you don't buy a toy !!!
    Last edited by _greg_; 04-15-2009 at 02:00 PM.

I hate to say this,
    but if you want to get a decent racket then your going to have to spend at least $50+
    If your looking to get a cheap, non-decent racket you could go for the $30 dollar Dunlop's at K-mart but they are absolutely pathetic, in my opinion.
    I'd suggest buying a Wilson. Currently, I play with the Adidas Barricade and 2 other Wilson's and I think the Wilson's overpower every brand I've played with.
    Expensive but the best you can fine.