» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 520

0 members and 520 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Wimbledon and Queen Mary 2

I should have developed this thread rather than responding to a previous thread. Sorry.

My wife and I are flying to London on June 21st and staying for 4 days. We have "debenture" tickets for the Wimbledon Championships, but do not know what is meant by "debenture". We then are cruising from South Hampton on the new Queen Mary 2 to New York for 6 days. We will stay in NY for a few days and vist the U.S. Open center. We then will fly back home to Vancouver. Tennis and Cruise enthusiasts from all over North America are going to be part of this venture. What a combination! Wimbledon 2004 and the Queen Mary 2. The newest, biggest, fastest, and most luxurious Cruise ship. If you are interested in joining us, respond on this thread or email me for more details.

Usually it means first come first served tickets, and you may have to pay a contribution towards the entrance fee. Bare in mind that some people camp for 2-3 days just to get into Wimbledon, your chances are slim. Unless of course you have booked seats with those tickets, in which case you'll be fine.

marcus Guest
    Debentures tickets : A debenture is a form of borrowing by a firm. It may issue debentures of a fixed value - say £5000 or £10000 - at a certain rate of interest.
    These debentures may be bought by individuals or by financial institutions. The debentures will have a fixed time period, after which they will be paid back. This may be 5 or 10 years or in some cases even longer. In some cases they carry perks with them.
    Much of the new number 1 court at Wimbledon was funded by issuing debentures in return for which people get preferential deals on tickets.