» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 700

0 members and 700 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

small little question

hi im fairly new to tennis. Well to be honest ive never played tennis in my whole life but i have been playing golf before. I also thought that tennis is a boring sport before but now that ive tried it ive been practicing and playing blind (meaning trying to figure out how to hit a ball guessing how to hold a racquet etc.) well to get to my point, my cousin say i have potential but im already turning 24 would you guys think im already too old to actually practice and play for competetions and tournaments?

also what are the basic stretching needed before you play and practice coz no matter how i stretch it seems after playing with my cousin for 4-5 hours a day my hips and right arm get sore. Im guessing this might be normal but i really cant tell since this is the first sport i played with alot of running lol.

Oh and any advice for a begginer learner?

thanks!

Well. I'm only 15... But I consider myself to be a good'ish tennis player. But 24 is honestly not old at all. One of the people I play tennis with is 50 and in the best shape of his life. If you look around here, you'll see that there are people talking about how they're 40, 45 years old and they're doing tournaments even if they just started a few years prior. And some stretches you should do? Probably stretch your wrist, ankles, calves, arms, back, groin, hamstrings... Ya know. But you should definitely be sore if you just started, because in reality, tennis definitely gets you working.

I don't know if this really helped, but I'll pretend for now that it did.

-Anthony.

oh wow thanks for the advice! cool then i still have a chance then. then ill work very very hard to make it to tournaments! ah yeah i did those stretches and it worked fine but now my shoulder kinda hurts but not sore coz yesterday i went to go practice my serves but i guess half way thru my practice i already felt pain on my shoulder but i ignored it lol. i must be doing something wrong but ill wait for it to be healed till i go practice again. anyways thanks for replying

Anytime. Argh. My friend is not answering his phoneeee. I wanna play tennis. :[

lessons help

To make the bes progress lessons are necessary. Group lessons are very afforadable and you get to compare other peoples games

Gah I wish I could get lessons but my city=trash xD and my school doesn't support tennis at all, me and my friends have tried everything to get a tennis team for the Jr High school but they doesn't reply :K Then the highschool in my area isn't that good because the coach doesn't even know how to play =P

"me and my friends" "they doesn't reply" :P maybe the reason they are not replying is because they "doesn't" understand the letter

oh and 24 isn't old at all o.o

You're never too old to play tennis. You can play tournaments with other people who are just starting. If you want to get better, you are going to need to take private lessons or go to a clinic. As far as stretches go, just stretch out your arms and legs. Being sore after playing for 4-5 hours, is quite normal.