» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 659

0 members and 659 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Are Federer's days numbered?

Hi everyone, this is my first post here, before Wimbledon starts, who thinks that Nadal is getting closer to being number 1?

I read the following article today and must say, the argument is strong

Article can be read here

I am also looking for more tennis bloggers to join my website www.fuelmyblog.com

Thanks all

Federer's days aren't numbered. Nadal is not as talented as Federer. Nadal can only beat Federer on clay, but let's wait and see who wins Wimbledon.

Hardly, Federer is only 25 right now, and he seemingly loves the game, has to desire to keep on fighting for that French, and will continue to dominate Grass, as well as probably the Hards. I say he still has another 3 years at the top, easy.

Rafa needs to improve his game on hards, and although he's made two finals, he still needs to improve for Wimbledon, since he still makes it tough on himself getting to the final, considering I feel Djokovic would of beat him had he not been exhausted, and I would certainly like to see Roddick/Nadal on the same side of the draw next year. Also while improving on hard/grass, he would have to keep up the same level he has now on clay.

Let's not forget had Nadal not been around, Federer would probably be a 3-time french open winner right now, it's just unlucky that the only thing stopping him getting it is probably soon to be greatest clay player ever. If Fed makes the next ywo finals, I'd consider him one of the best on clay as well...

Would be nice to see the compatition step up to him.

About two months later, I would like to reevaluate my judgement. Federer seems to be slipping. He played a close match with Hewitt and lost to Djokovic. It doesn't look like he has much longer if he keeps playing at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by fuelmyblog View Post
    Hi everyone, this is my first post here, before Wimbledon starts, who thinks that Nadal is getting closer to being number 1?

I read the following article today and must say, the argument is strong

Article can be read here

I am also looking for more tennis bloggers to join my website www.fuelmyblog.com

Thanks all
    Ha,ha , well it's the US Open & he is still the man.
    He will be at the top for a while, only getting better.
    Look out !
    HIT IT BACK !!!

Nadal is not at 100% yet for he is still so young but an unbelievable talent like him has almost no bounds. As long as he doesn't have any major injuries he will give Federer a run for his money for years to come but will not surpass only match Federer at best. The type of things that make Rodger great don't age quickly like his mental game. Plus Rodger is only 25.

Again, I would like to change my answer. Federer is the best player in the world and he is definitely demonstrating it at this year's US Open.

Re: Federer's Reign

Yesh, Federer seems to be the Steffi Graf of men'sh tennish. He will burn out eventually in an a very unfortunate schmelting accident. Sorry, I just wanted to throw a Goldmember joke in there. Federer ish very toit, toit like a toiger, yesh. LOL
    "Success is a journey, not a destination. Have faith in your ability."

--Bruce Lee

http://www.cafepress.com/igotworms