» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 740

0 members and 740 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Cool

They didn't like Lance Armstrong either. So, I don't think we can blame the victim.

Talking

henin rocks

henin rocks
    That's beside the point.

Thumbs down

hey
    i cant understand what ur saying
    and that website is stupid

Lobber posted
    I think the French are still upset about the US military action. Sour grapes. They are very rude in general.
    www.tennisopinions.com
    You posted
    hey i think serena deserved as she was very arrogant and henin deserved to win. serana should be more patient go henin i love henin
    I posted
    They didn't like Lance Armstrong either. So, I don't think we can blame the victim. www.operationdoubles.com.
    Having no answer, you tried to confuse the issue by posting
    henin rocks
    like a broken record.

I pointed out that
    That's beside the point.
    Now you say you don't understand what "That's beside the point" means? Ah, I wouldn't admit that, if I were you.

YOU don't understand a simple sentence of plain English and conclude that someone or something ELSE is stupid?

I didn't hurt you or criticize Henin, so don't get all shook up and start name-calling. I will say what wish, thank you. Besides, I just pointed out that the French are virulently anti-American. They talk about Americans no better than Hitler talked about the Jews. They aren't still mad about Iraq; they are still mad about how they came out of World War II looking. And they want the United States down off that pedestal. This started in the 60's. This generation has been raised on a steady diet of that stuff. Some spit on Mr. Nice Guy himself (Lance Armstrong) last year, because he was an American winning the Tour de France.

Serena couldn't be as arrogant as them if she made it her life's ambition to be. Nobody could.

Thier crassness isn't Henin's fault, and nobody said it was. She is a tremendous player. In fact, Americans aren't the only ones they treat like dirt. Other tennis players have gotten uncivil treatment from them too.

Quote Originally Posted by kathyk
    Lobber posted

You posted

I posted

Having no answer, you tried to confuse the issue by posting like a broken record.

I pointed out that

Now you say you don't understand what "That's beside the point" means? Ah, I wouldn't admit that, if I were you.

YOU don't understand a simple sentence of plain English and conclude that someone or something ELSE is stupid?

I didn't hurt you or criticize Henin, so don't get all shook up and start name-calling. I will say what wish, thank you. Besides, I just pointed out that the French are virulently anti-American. They talk about Americans no better than Hitler talked about the Jews. They aren't still mad about Iraq; they are still mad about how they came out of World War II looking. And they want the United States down off that pedestal. This started in the 60's. This generation has been raised on a steady diet of that stuff. Some spit on Mr. Nice Guy himself (Lance Armstrong) last year, because he was an American winning the Tour de France.

Serena couldn't be as arrogant as them if she made it her life's ambition to be. Nobody could.

Thier crassness isn't Henin's fault, and nobody said it was. She is a tremendous player. In fact, Americans aren't the only ones they treat like dirt. Other tennis players have gotten uncivil treatment from them too.
    hey
    im really really sorry that i was so rude 2 u
    it was all my fault
    please forgive me!!!!!!!!

i agree with kathyk, the french are horribly self-centered, i was awfully disgusted with them during that williams-henin hardenne match.

Talking

kathyk is always right