» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 530

0 members and 530 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    raksutiikeri Guest

to get topspin...

to get topspin serve you have to get your arm straighten before hitting point.

you have to do the same thing in a golf swig...

raksutiikeri Guest

sorry...

Sorry... i'm not advanced chat room user, only advanced player... this was supposed to be a reply, not a new thread...

Quote Originally Posted by raksutiikeri View Post
    Sorry... i'm not advanced chat room user, only advanced player... this was supposed to be a reply, not a new thread...
    let's ask the man oscar wegner
    Last edited by junbug; 06-21-2008 at 03:18 AM.

Oscar Wegner On Topspin Serve

"To add spin (to the serve), approach the ball using the front edge of your racquet. Hold the racquet in a hammer grip, choking up on the racquet slightly to shorten it if you like. Raise both arms, keeping the edge of the racquet forward. Toss the ball above your head with your left arm while the racuqet drops behind your head. Swing up and across to your right as far as you can while twisting your arm and racquet to the right of the court. You are moving your arm and racquet across the ball from left to right as you serve, giving the ball a diagonal spin. This makes the ball curve in flight and kick higher after the bounce. Let the racquet drop down and across your body toward your left hip, and grab the racquet in your left hand in preperation for the next shot. The pros do it the same way."

In Oscar's book "Play Better Tennis In 2 Hours" on pages 142-145 he gives a detailed explanation of how to hit a powerful pronation serve anad second serve spin. Also, in his new DVD "Ultimate Prpofessional Coaching Techniques" there is an excellent section on how to produce a topspin serve.

Your arm will be straightened at the point of contact in the serve, as if you are throwing a hammer. One big element to producing topspin is to point the back of your hand (not your palm) toward your ear as you drop the racket behind your head. This might sound awkward, but when Oscar showed it to me and I practiced it regularly I discovered the ball spins like crazy. He encourages me to hit up on the serve (extending the arm) and very importantly, to hit across the ball from left to right (for a right-hander). On the second serve, you can toss the ball a little bit behind your head so that when you come across left to right you get tremendous spin.

Can someone please explain why it's so difficult just to participate on this Forum? I've never had such a hard time just simply posting or replying. Makes you wonder if it's worth the trouble. I emailed three persons who are described as Managers within this Forum and haven't received a response as yet. Can anyone tell me why it's like this?