» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 741

0 members and 741 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    cougarace2004 Guest

Cool

Hi Sarah I think that Justin Henin-Hardean is the best out there right now. She just won the Pacific open and she is looking good for the coming up of play. I think she will defenatly be the top the best there is out there this year.

tennis_raul Guest

Smile best player

blue
    best player
    i think it should go to Roger Federer.
    and the all-time bests are Andre Aggassi and his wife.
    yahoo!!!

Unregistered Guest

Federer is the best!

Have you ever heard of a guy named Roger Federer? How can you say Ferrero,Coria,Safin and Roddick are the best current players! Thier not, but Federer is, just wacth him!Federer is not competeing for the best current male tennis player any more, he already has won it. He competes in the best tennis player ever cateogory, the guys a total genuis. He is better than all the players you guys listed at everything, he has a better forhand, better backhand, better serve, better volleys, better overheads is much quicker, moves better, is meantally better etc... Now do you get the picture. Anyone who denies that Federer is the best current player doesn't watch tennis, they probably no nothing about the sport. A final word of advice- your favourite tennis player is not always the best one, please don't get these confused! C'mon Roger

Unregistered Guest
    Roger is the best player now
    Safin is another coming up talented player. he is a huge challenge player to all the seeded or unseeded players.
    Watch up him
    Denise

Andre forever Guest

defenely Andre Agassi the king!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah
    Who do you think is the best current tennis player?

Who do you think is the best all-time tennis player?

I'm using replies here as part of a school report. Thanks for any help.

Sarah
    I have no doubts that Andre Agassi is the best player of all time, i could be here writing about him many, many lines... He is so wonderfull, and the most impressive he is the one, that with 34 years-old have more chances to beat the mighty and impressive federer, and i think thatīs the key point to Andre right now for 2005 season, he needs to beat roger in a big tournament, to just win big again, dont forget, that besides i didnt played wimbledown, and lost in first round roland garros, and he played only 14 tournaments, coz of his family, not for his age ( he still one of the fittest guys of the tour, and age is just a state of mind, in my opinion), he was still in the run for a houston spot, and he beat all top ten players,not counting with federer and safin, but he pushed them to 5 sets...( and a five set match can go for either way, dont forget that, and it gonna be in andre way next time, iīm sure) Andre is absolutely magnificiant, not only as a player, but also for his personalitty... I just wish u all can understand the way i feel about the best player of all times, tennis will never be the same, in the day Andre quit... Federer is good now, above the others players right now, but Andre was incredible in the 80īs, fantastic in the 90īs, and... just cant find word, for describe what he achivied in this new decade, above is 30 years old!!!!

God bless u Andre, and thank u for just keep playing for us...

GDG Guest

Gdgdg

Sarah
    ROGER FEDERER IS THE CURRENT BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD AND HE IS MY FAVOURITE PLAYER TOO. HE HAS GOT TREMENDOUS VARIETY OF SHOTS. HIS BACKHAND IS ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATING. HE IS AN ABSOLUTE DELIGHT TO WATCH. I THINK HE IS THE MOST COMPLETE PLAYER OF ALL-TIME

GDG Guest

Gdgdg

Sarah
    ROGER FEDERER IS THE CURRENT BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD AND HE IS MY FAVOURITE PLAYER TOO. HE HAS GOT TREMENDOUS VARIETY OF SHOTS. HIS BACKHAND IS ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATING. HE IS AN ABSOLUTE DELIGHT TO WATCH. I THINK HE IS THE MOST COMPLETE PLAYER OF ALL-TIME .
    THE WAY FEDERER HAS PLAYED THIS YEAR HE LITERALLY LOOKS INVINCIBLE.
    HE IS SO BETTER THAN ANY OTHER PLAYER.HE JUST MAKES THINGS LOOK SO EASY.WHEN HE PLAYS THERE SEEMS NO COMPETETION BECAUSE HE IS BY FAR THE BEST.WHEN HE PLAYS IT JUST APPEARS AS IF NOTHING ON THE PLANET CAN STOP HIM FROM WINNING.SO POWERFUL ,SO COMPLETE,A REAL DELIGHT TO WATCH HIM PLAY.THE BEST PLAYER THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN.TO BEAT HIM WILL REQUIRE A REAL MIRACLE. WHAT A PLAYER!

wanderluster Guest

Talking jabbajabba

honestly, i'm not and have never been a big time professional tennis fan. however, while flipping through the channels late one night, i managed to catch the Federer-Safin Masters Cup match in Houston, and against my own anti-sports will, i was, well, hooked. who knew hitting a ball back and forth could be so bloody interesting? And even though he lost, I thought Safin was extraordinary, especially during that tie-breaker round, so my amatuer decision for best player would be Safin. However, I would gladly marry Federer for that brand-spanking new SLK of his. Cheers.

Unregistered Guest
    Roger Federar and MicheaL Chang among men and Henin & Martina Navratilova among women are the best according to me.

michael100 Guest

Post Best ever player?

Its difficult to say who is the best ever as you can only judge any individual against their peers of any given era. So for example in the latter eighties you had Becker, Lendl, Edberg and Wilander, whilst in the latter nineties you had Sampras and Agassi. Now was it easier to play in the latter nineties since their only were two concurrent great champions? Who knows! As the greats never competed against each other at the same time it will always be an unanswered question. Although I would say that if Federer continues to play as he has, he stands a chance of being a real contender.

However you can, I think, say who was the best server or serve-volleyer or had the best mindset etc irrespective of era.

Steffi Guest

Smile best

The All-time best male: Andre Agassi the KING!
    Now: Andre still the best, and RogerFed too.
    The All-time female: Steffi Graf
    Now: Justine Henin-Hardenne

S Tendulkar Guest

Arrow federor the best....

Sampras is the best ever...
    federor ll b the greatest if he continues lke this...
    andy roddick is close sto him...
    amongst women graph is the bst undoubtably...
    serena bst among the current guns...

Unregistered Guest

Exclamation what's up?!

have you never heard the name "ROGER FEDERER"!!??? he beats all of your favourite tennis player like agassi or sampras. this guy is at the moment the absolutely number one!!!!

Unregistered Guest
    Best Current Player: Roger Federer without the slightest doubt in my mind
    Best player ever: arguably pete sampras

Unregistered Guest
    oh and sorry about the double post but whoever said roddick can keep dreaming...

Honestly he's inconsistant he cant hit that massive forehand of his down the line which makes it completely useless against players who ARE consistent (as demonstrated by lleyton hewitt).

Honestly he should never have made it close to number 2.