» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 681

0 members and 681 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Unregistered Guest
    first of all, the best serve and volley player is Pete Sampres
    and the best all round player is ROGER FEDERER!!
    the best server probably is andy roddick

and the best ever female would be Martina Naveratalova, and Monica Seles kicked stephi's ass.

Fishy Guest

Cool

Roddick is the best 4 me
    but we can't forget federer.
    and safin is maybe the most talented who's now playing.

Unregistered Guest

Roger Federer for sure

Its true that we cant compare great player across eras, so its difficult to compare players like Federer, Sampras, Laver against each other.
    Agassi cannot be the greatest because he was dominated by first Sampras and later Federer through out his career. Roddick, Hewitt no chance since they so constantly thrashed around by Federer til date. Safin has to be very consistent enough to convert his talent into greatness. Where players like Laver, Becker, McEnroe, Borg and Sampras had rivals during their eras Federer is so dominating that there isnt any one who can challenge him consistently apart from an odd match of two. Maybe its too early to hail Federer as the greatest... but he has the game and talent to easily surpass that. He is by far one the most graceful player who makes tennis look so easy n delightful to watch. He has variety... which very few great players had. And to say he still has scope for improvement as far as his net play is concerned. I should say greatest players are Federer, Sampras, Becker, Lendl in that order.. cannot comment on others cuz i havent seen them play live.

Unregistered Guest
    LOL, Nice

Unregistered Guest
    Although Becker is my sentimental favourite, I have to put Agassi as the greatest simply because he could win on any surface...and has. Its true that Sampras and Roger now have had his number.But Agassi beat Sampras at the Australian and French opens. Now he is too old and hence comparisons with Federer is a bit harsh.I also agree that Agassi is not the greatest mentally strong player.But as far as natural talent...Agassi by a mile.Mcenroe is no competiton cause he had no grounstrokes.

Unregistered Guest

Smile

[QUOTE=Sarah]davenport

Unregistered Guest

best tennis player

my current best female tennis player would have to be JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE because of her sublime backhand!!!! next would be Amelie Mauresmo..

my currents male tennis player would be Roddick and next JC Ferrero

perfect_spy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    my current best female tennis player would have to be JUSTINE HENIN HARDENNE because of her sublime backhand!!!! next would be Amelie Mauresmo..

my currents male tennis player would be Roddick and next JC Ferrero

Unregistered Guest

Colin M

I sometimes think that no one has a real understanding of trus tennis genius - a much over used word ! When you talk about great, what do you mean ?
    Longevity, number of titles ? Who would prevail on a particular day in their prime ?
    To me it means who, in their heyday would be the best over a particular season. Judged on this, there is no doubt that the greatest player of all time is Martina Hingis ! Nobody matches her for subtlety which is beyond the comprehension of many people, so that many players could not understand why they had lost to her ! Indeed, Sam Smith once described her as just "pushing the ball around " - what an idiot !
    As Chris Evert said, " Boy, she's just the best ever !"

Tennis genius

IT's andre agassi!

Who is better now .. I'd have to say Fredrere
    Visit my site Tennis Tips

Talking

hey sarah
    surely there can be noone better than henin in fact she can also defeat a low ranked mens player and martina navaratilova is the all time great and even now in the mixed doubles with leander paes she is awesome.I usually see only womens but in mens james blake and paradorn srichapan are the the best.pete sampras is the all time great.

Red face Best tennis player

I think the current best and ever tennis player must be Federer. He is so young but already win three Grand Slams. He is so charming no matter on court or off court. Best tennis player should both possess perfect tennis technique and impressive personalities. He must achieve high career goals personally but also help to develop tennis sports worldwide. Look - Federer is the one who match all these criteria.

Talking

henin is the best

Talking

i love
    heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninheninhenin heninheninheninhenin

Would you stop spamming, please ...

s-t-3-f