» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 740

0 members and 740 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Sarah Guest

who is the best?

Who do you think is the best current tennis player?

Who do you think is the best all-time tennis player?

I'm using replies here as part of a school report. Thanks for any help.

Sarah

Unregistered Guest
    Hi Sarah

My favourite player is Andre Agassi, he is just the most wonderful player and wonderful embassador for the game. You don't see him swearing and breaking rackets like Lleyton Hewitt.

Unregistered Guest
    Andre Agassi is the best on the hard courts, J C Ferrero on Clay, I think my Fav. Player right now is between James Blake and Andy Roddick. All time best player, although Sampras has 14 slams have to give cudos to Andre he has 8 with great chances to get more and he has all 4 slams under his belt.
    Then in the womens game I have to go with Stephi Graph as the best ever sure miss her playing. Liked Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert and Gabriella Sabatina (for my favs.) Good luck on your paper

mcgwirefan Guest

Best

Current favorites-Seles & Roddick

Best ever-Evert, Navratilova & Graf ~ Laver & Sampras

Unregistered Guest
    Best players at the moment - so many to choose from.

Best Serve-Volley player in the world - Henman (when not injured)
    Best all round player - Hewitt
    Best Server - Roddick

Best of all time -

My favourites are Becker and McEnroe. Would probably have to put Borg in there for sheer technical brilliance. Ditto Sampras (although not a fan, I'm afraid!)

Women

My faves at the moment are Clijsters and Henin. The Williams sisters esp. Serena (although again, not fond of their style of play or attitude) would have to be in their.

Of all time

Billie Jean King, Martina Navratalova and Steffi Graf. Seles would have been in their were it not for the terrible attack in Germany. Cut doen in her prime.

And just a minor point - Agassi has been known to swear on court - he has been defaulted twice for 'Audible Obsenities' - in 1996 and 1999. He was also given a warning for swearing only last week while playing Roddick at Queens - so not the total saint we may be led to believe!

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up

Safin the best!!!

Safinette4eva Guest
    My favorite player is Marat Safin, always

The best female player ever is Steffi Graf obviously!!!!

dani and justine rox

daniela hantuchova and justine henin-hardenne rawks!!!!

chwor151 Guest

Thumbs up

Currently the best women's tennis player HAS got to be Justine Henin, she has improved her play so immensely! She is also a very humble person. I hope she achieves a lot of success after her win at Roland Garros)

The best women's tennis player ever - Graf or Navratilova - I can't decide who of the two, they were both out of this world!

I think currently in the men's game no matter what Andre is still the best although this season (except for AusOpen) is not the most successful for him.
    And all-round one could presume that he is the best player ever to pick a racket, together with Borg I suppose.

WILSON95 Guest
    The best tennis player of all times ? I think LEW HOAD. He was the most complete of all. At his best he was ABSOLUTELY unbeatable, he had no weak points.

Aranince Guest
    Definately Andy Roddick!! He's great! And Andre Agassi is a great player as well.
    Best player all time... I would say John McEnroe. Love to watch his matches.. He really comes up for himself which is great. Roddick and McEnroe really make it more fun to watch a match.
    Best female player is Kim Clijsters and Jennifer Capriati

Cool

Hey people, I'd really have to back up the supporters of Steffi Graf, and Naviratilova as all time best women players.

All times best men probably Sampras, McEnroe, Laver!

But I'd have to disagree on the point that Roddick is the current best....i didnt really think so, his performances are not very consistant, but improving rapidly. Current best by far is Roddick and Agassi...Lleyton is struggling....Phillipousis is once again on the rise! Aussie Aussie Aussie!

Current best women definelty the 4 powerhouses....Serena, Venus, Kim Clijsters and Henin Hardenne!

male player it would be federer.
    all-time male would be agassi
    female player would be justine henin-hardene and daniela hantuchova
    all-time female would be seles

Favourite female players have to obviously be the Williams Sisters, they are trully GREAT!!!

alfajeffster Guest
    Best Current Male Singles: Andre Agassi
    Best Current Female Singles: Serena Williams
    Best All-Time Male Singles: Lew Hoad
    Best All-Time Female Singles: Steffi Graf