» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 815

0 members and 815 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Savasheik Guest

Red face The best current tennis player?

Without doubt, the best current tennis player is... ˇˇˇGUILLERMO CORIA!!!.
    And the all-time best player is... Andre Agassi.

cnenny Guest
    Ferrero :a very great player now!

Tennis woman?I don't know!I prefer the Graf and Seles generation!

Pete Sampras - Best Male Player of All Time
    However:
    Patrick Rafter - Most Exciting Player To Watch....besides his amazing looks, Rafter was one of the best serve/volley players.
    Andy Roddick - Favorite Current Player
    Kim Clijsters - Favorite Current Player
    Andre Agassi - (how can you not include Andre on any list of whos who regarding tennis) Best Attitude & fun to watch

Wish Rafter would come back!!!!:

I'm an Asian,so I think paradorn srichaphan is the best.
    But, unfortunately,he has a girl friend.
    What a pity!:o
    lonelyss

nocoast Guest
    the best womens player ever: Steffi Graf Agassi

the best womens player right now: Serena Williams

the best mens player ever: Pete Samprass

the best mens player right now: Roger Federer

Roger has everything, he hi the most complete player in the game right now. Andy Roddick is not even close to him, the only reason why Andy is winning is because of his serves. Roger Federer is the best

nocoast Guest
    Originally posted by lonelyss
    I'm an Asian,so I think paradorn srichaphan is the best.
    But, unfortunately,he has a girl friend.
    What a pity!
    hey baby im asian and want to be ur man

nocoast ,im sorry ,but i cannot understand what you mean!
    lonelyss

lindsayluva Guest

best players

i think that lindsay davenport is great but of all time i would say mionica seles in the men it would be federer and of all time it would be becker

sugarplum Guest
    Andre has to be the best! VIVA ANDRE!

It's difficult to say who is the best tennis player in the world right now, because for the last few years the mens game seems to have been going through a bit of a lean patch with no clear cut successors to Agassi and Sampras.

I think that at the moment it's probably more accurate to say which players have the potential to be the best in the world rather than who actually is the best, because the game currently feels as though it's just waiting for a new force to start dominating, something that none of the current top ten seem capable of (yet).

I'll give a summary of my (humble) views on the todays top players, and list them in order of capability (in my view).

Roddick.
    Playing at his best, I think that Roddick is currently the worlds' best player, and also think that he has a decent chance of taking over at the top and staying there for a long time. His winning streak on the hardcourts, including his US Open victory, show that he has the potential to be the dominating force that mens tennis has been sorely lacking in recent years.

Federer.
    Like Roddick, Federer has the potential to stand out from the other top players in the game, but big questions have to be asked of his mental strength. Only recently we saw him collapse against Hewitt in the Davis Cup. Try to think of a situation when any of the great players of the 70's or 80's were dominating an opponent with a two set lead, and serving for the match at 5-3, and then try to recall them choaking and going on to lose. It's difficult to imagine, and I think for that reason Federer may just end up another highly talented player who ends his career as an under-achiever who promised much but delivered little. However, it's still early days in his career, and I hope he goes on to prove me wrong.

Agassi.
    Without doubt a true all time great, who, at the age of 33 and coming toward the end of his career, is still capable of producing terrific tennis and beating any player in the world. If the Agassi of ten years ago was playing in todays game, then I have no doubt he would dominate todays players, but at this stage of his career his best days are behind him, although he is still a massive threat in every tournament he plays.

Ferrero.
    A fantastic claycourt player, but which catagory of claycourt player will he fall into? Will it be among those that have adapted their game to faster surfaces and gone on to win grand slams on the hardcourts, such as Lendl and Wilander, or will he find his grand slam success limited to clay, and enjoy only limited success on other surfaces, such as Bruguera, Kuerton and Moya.
    My gut feeling is that this could end up being Ferrero's best year, and in the future he may only be a force on clay, but, as with Federer, I hope that I'm wrong.

Oh, and by the way, I think that the best player of all time is Pete Sampras.
    Last edited by fatbob; 10-11-2003 at 01:52 PM.

*tennis*player* Guest

favourite player

ROGER FEDERER!
    he is amazingly good

sugarplum Guest
    best male, andre
    best female, serena
    best ever male, andre
    best ever woman, graff

i think venus williams is the best player ever.winning 4 slams is really nothing to her ,she should have won 10 slams i think.she is a complete player with outstanding athletic ability and overpowering mental power.hope she'll be no:1 again because i really wanna see her there where she belongs!!she should at least win one slam if she goes injury free and i am sure she is very eager to do that...

Safin!!! He crushed Andre's 26 match winning match streak @ the Aus Open this month. He set to win a lot more tournaments in the future and will definitely reclaim the World no.1 position soon after he wins the Aus Open...

penny Guest
    male:Ferrero
    female:Henin