» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 826

0 members and 826 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Talking

fedrogers stats are awesome
    but henin is de greatest

81 straight weeks at #1 for Roger

1 more step closer for Federer. Knocked off Roddick(now 1-10 against Roger) on Saturday, at the Cincinnati Masters championship. 138-9 last 2 years. Pete is still the man!

huh

well, Federer didn't play for a few weeks and I thought, well, he might not be the hottest favourite for this years title. Now he won cincinatti. Still, I am not 100% sure he is the top favourite...I don't know why...it's just a feeling

Well, since Nadal got smoked this weekend in the first round, Safin lost to whoever, and Roddick AGAIN looked like a girl against federer, It's a pretty good bet that Roger will defend his championship EASY at the Open this weekend.

Even Roddick says he's unbeatable right now

tough

Quote Originally Posted by fedroger
    Well, since Nadal got smoked this weekend in the first round, Safin lost to whoever, and Roddick AGAIN looked like a girl against federer, It's a pretty good bet that Roger will defend his championship EASY at the Open this weekend.

Even Roddick says he's unbeatable right now
    Fedroger, I have to tell you! I would be an idiot, I if would say Federer is not the top favourite for the US title. But nobody is unbeatable. Not too many people would have said at the begining of the US that Safin can take him. But he did. I told you, it's just a feeling. This is not wimbledon. He has to pass the semi finals. That is a huge hurdle for him. And then, he won 22 finals straight. And his all 5 slam finals. It's time to lose one lol!!!

Hi, I just registered and read this topic on who is the greatest player. Based on my opinion on other thread i read:

It was the all round court style Pete Sampras who dominated men's tennis in the past era, he holds n.1 spot for 286 weeks that is 5.5 years, then the tennis world goes a 'time of lost generation' where no dominant mens players able to really do what sampras had done. Until then,federer came to the centre of the media and took us by shock by winning 3x wimbledon and other grand slam, and to today 24th of August his reign as n.1 add up to 82 week!

It is impossible to say who is the best tennis player. Because to compare we would need to have to go back 10 years ago to the old top Sampras vs. Federer now reaching his peak play in atp tour at least more than a year. By then we could say how many meeting they have met and who has won the most. But say if federer lost most, it might be just him playing really well and sampras playing bad!

We cannot say who is better! Federer or Sampras. In 2005, we would say its federer for sure, winning wimbledon and coming n.1 seed in US Open. I say the both have talent, but a definition of the best player has become so broad these days that a player should win 4 grandslam in a same year, this is obivouslly difficult. Both federer and sampras are weak in clay, definitely no their favourite surface. A player must be tested to their limit, wins a lot and when they inspired fans of tennis and able to pull of the most impossible shot by then he be a favourite.

2005 clay, nadal won obviouslly, I could say that he is the the greatest rising star to replace federer, but all clay player are shit at grass, because of the different characteristic of the surface. e.g nadal lost in 2nd round in wimbldeon? (was it, i got to check ). Usually player who win Aust Open, Wimbledon, and US open easily because they have the same characteristic arent so good at clay, and vice versa.

In conclusion, We must see a player ability to maintain their form at least more than 5 year to say that they are the best. If federer could beat sampras record of 5.5 weeks as the n.1 best tennis player of the world, by then the world should and could say that he has been the best player of all time and no one would deny. But if federer have some kind of accident or injury and drop down to 2nd player best in the year then what? We cannot say who is the best mens tennis player of all time, it just dont work that way!

hmmm, i dont hope everyone agree with me, but take my opinion! I'm only turning 14 and probably dont know what i'm talking about , i'm new in this tennis world, so i do think everyone disagree with me in someway and agree in other. In the era of 21st century it is federer who will become the best, and hes still got a while in the game! right? good luck in winning US Open. This is an opinion for men! For women it must be martina navratilova, she wins most grand slam,for her age she always had the passion for tennis, taught experience young player in her double like hantuchova in Aust Open and Anna Lena-Grenafeld curentlly. She continued to spread tennis worldwide and everyone is loving it. I just think martina could be said as the all time women tennis player. You must take note though, that mens and womens tennis are completly different! cheers.
    Last edited by Valentino; 08-24-2005 at 05:22 AM.

wow

well, I agree with u on the fact, that comparing two different generations in not easy. It's rather nonsense, but everyone is doing it. Actually everybody who is new to the game, they see sombody great and then say, well this is the greatest player. Just like with Federer. I am not saying he might be able to become the all time best, but I don't like to compare different generations. With Sampras and Federer ist's a bit different, cuz sampras turned pro in 1988 and Federer in 1998. So it's interesting to watch how they evolve

good post though for a 14 year old

This is the official Roddick sucks ass thread. I'm really dissapionted. What does a 150 mph serve get you now-a- days? Nothing! I can't believe he lost in the first round of the 2005 US OPEN! How pittiful. No wonder federer is 10-1 against him.

Great, now I get hear all the "Roddick is Great" fans. Hm! I grand slam title in six years. Clue!

Talking

federer and henin rock

You are right. Nadal gets stunned by the american.

Talking

henin will get the grand slam next year

Federer is the greatest of all time!

Here is what Andre had to say about him. Taken from todays Associated Press:

``He's the best I've ever played against,'' Agassi said after falling to Federer 6-3, 2-6, 7-6 (1), 6-1 Sunday in the U.S. Open final. ``Pete was great. No question. But there was a place to get to with Pete. You knew what you had to do. If you do it, it could be on your terms. There's no such place like that with Roger.

also, ``He plays the game in a very special way that I haven't seen before.''

Plus he is 6-0 in his first grand slam finals. 74-3 this year.

If he continues this pace next year, there will be no one to beat him, and he will win all four grandslam events. He's getting to the point where his mental game is so superior to the rest--including Nadal. There are no vulnerable aspects to him now, only he can beat himself.

See ya at the Tennis Masters for another can of verbal whoop ass! Love it!

Unregistered Guest
    Best female player ever: Steffi Graph!!
    Best Male player: Agassi!!
    ..what a perfect couple!!

Unregistered Guest
    sorry mate, but patrick rafter is the best!! <3

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    sorry mate, but patrick rafter is the best!! <3
    ROFLMAO

he's not in the top 10 of the all time chamions, that's for sure.

but i'm sure you were just kidding anyway.