» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 757

0 members and 757 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    the best player currently is roger federer. i'll admit it eventhough i dont like him. the best player of all time is ANDRE AGASSI. hes amazing. the future best player will be james blake!!!!!!!

Ummm..... wcase23, you wouldn't be american by any chance?

Amd how can anyone possibly dislike Roger Federer?

no offence, btu i dont like federer either.

i like mardy fish. and roddick alittle.
    HRH Princess Page Song of GENOVIA

Whatever

I have been away for two or three years from this forum. Why? Because there wewe no discussions, no intelligent posts, nothing.
    Now I came back and there is still no intelligent thought here. Sorry, all you morons, I don't want to play with you.

jiriz1, you can certainly expect that to change around here as the site already is changing a lot. We have many members on tennisw and even more people that just stop by to read on occassion, but unfortunately we do not have enough participation yet.

I have a bit of a task for you, if you are up to the challenge. Start 10 new discussion threads here on the topics that you are most interested in, preferably topics that you feel are of intelligent discussion. I wonder how many replies you would get in YOUR threads, or even how long it would take. Could you do it? I would like to see.

By the way, welcome to tennisw.com. I hope you begin to enjoy the site more than you initially did.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

Quote Originally Posted by John
    jiriz1, you can certainly expect that to change around here as the site already is changing a lot. We have many members on tennisw and even more people that just stop by to read on occassion, but unfortunately we do not have enough participation yet.

I have a bit of a task for you, if you are up to the challenge. Start 10 new discussion threads here on the topics that you are most interested in, preferably topics that you feel are of intelligent discussion. I wonder how many replies you would get in YOUR threads, or even how long it would take. Could you do it? I would like to see.

By the way, welcome to tennisw.com. I hope you begin to enjoy the site more than you initially did.
    I'll try, John, when I am back home next week or two. I appreciate your effort but, really, it seems that IQ over 90 is not a requirement here.

jiriz1, thanks. That's great and I'm looking forward to your threads. If we had 20, or even 10, people that would do the same it could be a nice boost and possible turning point for tennisw. I am working very hard, much of that 'behind the scenes', to make this community a success. I'll watch for your threads once you return. Have a nice trip wherever you are going.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

_Nathan_ Guest
    This topic is all based on opinion. Obviously the sweed is the number 1 player in the world, so he would be the best as of now. James Blake I'm sorry to say will most likely never reach that spot. Though he is awfully quick and he has been having a much better year, it just doesn't seems like he has the "it" factor. Also, the all time greatest is not Andre, though I'm sure others could beg to differ. What about Borg,Sampras, or even that old guy lol Coners. Why not next time not just say your random opinions. Try adding as to why it is that you feel the way you do. This will create a cleaner environment for responces as well as possibly not make your comments seem so ignorant.

Example:
    Code:
    I believe James Blake will become the number one player in due time. I believe this due to him finally making a big effort and comming up with some big wins in majors.

point taken!!

ok. maybe they're not the best but They're my favorite players. sorry for the misunderstanding.

oh and im not american. lol

You make some good points Nathan, but I'm not sure who the "sweed" is!?

Whoever started this thread is asking an impossible question imo. Comparing players from different eras in a sport which is constantly evolving, then trying to decide who is the 'greatest' is an exercise in futility. I prefer to divide players into 3 categories -- the 'gods', the 'greats', and the 'very goods'.

The gods would be the legends of the game, players who dominated the sport like a Collosus in their day, not just because of the number of slams they won, but the overall impact they made on the sport. Their achievements, together with the power of their personalities, would make theirs an instantly recognisable name in any country of the world. In my list of gods (in the mens game) are Laver, Borg, McEnroe, Becker and Sampras. I am tempted to include Agassi as he is the only player apart from Laver to have won all 4 slams, but have reluctantly put him in the 'great' category. I have no doubt that Federer will shortly join that elite group.

The 'greats' are players who have won slams but who didn't dominate the game in the way the legends did. So here I put Connors, Agassi, Muster, Vilas, Edberg, Wilander, Kuerten......I'm sure there are others and that Nadal
    will soon enter this category.

The 3rd category are the 'very good' players who have won perhaps 1 slam or TMS tournaments. Here I would put Roddick, Henman, Rafter, Cash, Coria, Nalbandian, Gaudio and many others.

Anyone outside these 3 categories would be the sport's journeymen. It should be possible to draw up similar lists for the womens' game, but that's an exercise for another day.

WILLIAMS 4 ever
    actually i am more into serena
    and for men i am for Safin
    For All time player I still think serena is great enough to be the one
    and Sampras, the one she admired so much

sharapova is the best out of the womens-PROVEN FACT she is barley nervous out on court, she has a buetiful forehand and backhand, and along with that buetiful serve and volley skills she is by far the best player. (period!)

Red face Who?

Aggasi of course. He was the best ever to play the sport.

Here's an up close experience I had with Andre in San Jose - http://www.tennismates.com/siebelopen2003/default.asp

Enjoy!
    Scott Bruno
    Inventor - Tennis Mates
    http://www.tennismates.com

comments@tennismates.com

QUOTE: "I wish unto my opponent much love."

Talking

who els but henin easliy