» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 514

0 members and 514 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: strings

strings

i just broke my first set of strings today during practice and i want to get my racquet restrung. how much do restringing usually cost? how bout string types? what do u suggest i should get? i love playing with lots of topspin and would like a string that can give the most of amount of spin. any suggests would help a lot! thanks!

Stringing can run anywhere between $20-$50. Depends on what string you choose. A professional stringer should be able to give you advice on a good string. A couple that come to mind are "Luxilon Big Banger Alu Power (rough If Want More Spin)" or Topspin Poly Polar.

i own a supersize (also know as Super Oversize racquet). will regular sized strings fit on it? (my racquet is about 138 sq ft i think around there) or do i have to buy the extra long sets? from the sites i've been on there is almost no choice for the extra long sets so would love it if a regular sting set would work.

let me restart with this because i should be more specific. i own a Head Ti Evolution which according to the side of the racquet, is a "supersize" racquet. i have never heard this term before but i heard "Super Oversize" so i assumed they were similar. according a web site (http://www.tenniscompany.com/Racquet...Evolution.html) the racquet head is a little over 110 square inches. however, looking at the racquet, it looks a lot bigger than that (like more than 130 square inches). however, if the information on the website is true, than i have nothing to worry about when buying strings however if what i thought is correct, then, will i have to buy an extra long set of strings? up to what size would a normal set of strings be able to string?

i decided to string up an older Dunlop racquet because it will improve my game more if i switch to it. the only downside is that the grip is a bit big for my liking but i can fix that. but if anyone knows the answer to my questions, it would be appreciated because i want to string my extra frame some time in the future.