» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 720

0 members and 720 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: tennis schools

tennis schools

hi every one

I want to ask you if anyone has been to a tennis school?

is it worth going there? do u really get benifit from such a short course??

I mean these schools cost a lot and what is the secret that they learn and you cannot learn it yourselfe??

if u don't know what am talking about look at this

http://www.reedandersontennis.com/palms/dailyschool.htm

http://www.vicbraden.com/

any way, if u have any thing tell us plz

thank u

Seems way to dear for what they offer better off getting someone who is a good player to give you some tuition for say $15 per hour and read as much as you can on the subject also watch videos and tv and live matches between good players

save up!

Froim what I've heard, the two camps you mentioned aren't very good. There are some camps that are well worth the price of admission (about $8,000 a month for most of them), but the reason they're good is because of the quality of the competition, not the instruction. The best pro in your hometown is probably a better coach than most of the instructors at these academies.

Unregistered Guest
    thank you but even 8000 a month is tooooooooooooooooo much

Unregistered Guest

Exclamation Tennis Academies

I have been in the tennis business for about 24 yrs. My children have taken private lessons, attended Tennis camps and academies.I believe that you have to know tennis yourself to recommend a particular coach or facililty. This is because there are so many tennis teachers who just hang out a shingle and say they can teach the sport, simply because they have played it. There are techniques that can be taught incorrectly, and then the bad habits are difficult to break. If you can get a good book on tennis, you could teach yourself, if you can learn visually. Teaching children is another story. I have resided in Virginia,Chicago,Illinois,New Hampshire, and finally Florida, so I have dealt with many Pros in many different clubs and environments of tennis teaching. With my third child, I learned the most about Pros and academies. Most just are there as a business to make $$$$$, with little regard for your child's welfare. YOU must stay involved, and observe everything that your child is learning about tennis... and life. Preditors are everywhere. I could write a book on the subject of how to learn tennis, and from whom! I have been fortunate to seek out the best Pros in the Nation, most of whom are teaching in a private facility.Good Pros at academies exist, but are not necessarily better .I know of one that I would RX. And I would unequivically Rx a # of coaches in my area today.

mrtennis66 Guest

Learn the perfect tennis stroke first

Learn the perfect tennis strokes before going to a tennis camp. Dont waist your time our money. by learning the basics. Let the tennis camps teach you more advanced , Anticipation and ball control.

http://www.customflix.com/205868
    Last edited by mrtennis66; 10-27-2004 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrtennis66
    Learn the perfect tennis strokes before going to a tennis camp. Dont waist your time our money. by learning the basics. Let the tennis camps teach you more advanced , Anticipation and ball control.

http://www.customflix.com/205868
    This is excellent advice. Even the academies geared to the club player, rather than the touring pro, such as Dennis Van de Meer's (one of the best), will be more beneficial once you've reached a 4.0-4.5 level. Before that, you're better off with a good teaching pro, and best of all, you'll save money!