» Stats

Members: 14,965
Threads: 146,631
Top Poster: antoni (129,054)
Welcome to our newest member, JFifield

» Online Users: 67

1 members and 66 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 601, 08-31-2009 at 09:36 PM.

Tennis Court Property Value

In a vague educated guess, how much do you believe having a private concrete or asphalt tennis court would make your property value rise? In terms of the United States midwest that is. I wasn't sure if any of you have had experience with owning a tennis court (not multiple courts, just a single court) and was curious.

Smile tennis court

Hi hotcoffee, Having a tennis court is no different than having a swimming pool, It has value to someone who is purchassing the property that wants a court or a pool and is willing to pay a bit more for the property. I've been told from a real estate agent friend of mine that a tennis court has no value to someone who does not like tennis or simply wants to have a nice green yard on their property. A pool is looked at many times as a child safty hazard if one has children, therefore they may look at another property. I know someone that bought a nice house with a pool and filled it with dirt and grew grass over it. Now to a tennis professional like me, a tennis court in my back yard has value. It even generates income for me, but to others, who knows. In my opinion I would say it would do very little to increase the value unless the a real estate agent can make contact with the right customer. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Tprocurt View Post
    Hi hotcoffee, Having a tennis court is no different than having a swimming pool, It has value to someone who is purchassing the property that wants a court or a pool and is willing to pay a bit more for the property. I've been told from a real estate agent friend of mine that a tennis court has no value to someone who does not like tennis or simply wants to have a nice green yard on their property. A pool is looked at many times as a child safty hazard if one has children, therefore they may look at another property. I know someone that bought a nice house with a pool and filled it with dirt and grew grass over it. Now to a tennis professional like me, a tennis court in my back yard has value. It even generates income for me, but to others, who knows. In my opinion I would say it would do very little to increase the value unless the a real estate agent can make contact with the right customer. Good luck
    Exactly right. Couldn't have said it better.