» Site Navigation

 > FAQ

» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Posts: 14,236
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 114

0 members and 114 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 699, 12-21-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Rubber Thingy

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007

    Rubber Thingy

    Hi Everyone,

    I just purchased a new ProKennex Pro 7g and it came with a rubber device that is attached to the strings near the bottom center of the racquet. Is it just for shipment or does it have some sort of functionality?

    Thank You,


  2. #2
    I'd assume it is a vibration / shock absorber.

  3. #3
    Haha, yeah, it's the shock absorber.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Louisville, KY
    Actually it's called a dampener but really most believe it only affects the sound of the racquet when it strikes the ball. A study was done on this and showed that the amount of shock that a dampener absorbed was so low that the human touch could not detect.

Similar Threads

  1. Tennis coach age thingy...
    By FedererFan2 in forum General Tennis Discussion Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-28-2009, 02:41 AM
  2. i guess this is a new member intro thingy...
    By GiganteMax in forum New TW Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2007, 04:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.0.1