» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 528

0 members and 528 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Inconsistency.

Talking Inconsistency.

I feel like lately it's been taking me a bit longer to get warmed up. I also feel like my drop shot isn't doing anything close to what I want it to be doing. Anybody have an idea of what might be going on? I used to get my drop shot fine. So it's not like I've never had it down. And I can't think of what I might be doing wrong.
    Last edited by Mcrtheused982; 06-10-2007 at 05:13 PM.

Wink legs

Drop shots are made by moving the legs in position more so than the racquet. Try thinking of using your legs&body to make the shot

Drop shot just isn't a part of warm up. Honestly, except for pro-level player, it does not make much sense to spend time practice drop shots. On the other hand, drop shot is essentially a subtle slice - It is touchy technique and no way to keep consistence. Do be frustrated at that. You can always win without even attempting dropshot

Thanks alwaysBeginner... I know it's not like, an essential part of the game or anything... I just get frustrated trying to be consistent with things... Right now my nice little goal is to at least do a kick serve, followed by me being able to do it consistently... Any pointers on that one?

If you want to become a good player, try to forget about drop shots. What appears to be a good shot against poor players is a loser when you move up in class. The one exception being when playing on loose clay or when you are well inside the baseline having driven your opponent well back.
    Drop shots can become addictive and prevent you hitting balls that need to be hit.

I need help with my drop shot also it used to be a great part of my game. But now it is going way farther back than normal. I recently changed my grip tape though, could that be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysBeginner View Post
    Drop shot just isn't a part of warm up. Honestly, except for pro-level player, it does not make much sense to spend time practice drop shots. On the other hand, drop shot is essentially a subtle slice - It is touchy technique and no way to keep consistence. Do be frustrated at that. You can always win without even attempting dropshot
    i don't agree with what you say because a drop shot can be the difference between a won point or a lost one. if executed correctly and at the proper moment, then the drop shot is a very good shot on any level of play, besides perphaps the most basic levels but i assume that this isn't the first time we picked up a racquet or whatever.

as for drop shots, these are good articles on learned the effectiveness of a dropshot...

http://tennis.about.com/cs/yourgame/a/learndropshot.htm

http://tennis.about.com/od/volleyove...ropshotsbs.htm

hope it goes well.