» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 497

0 members and 497 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Hello Everyone.

Hello Everyone.

Hello everyone. Well, im new to the boards and I wish for the best in my continued love for tennis. Its hard to beleive that after 15+ years, I ended up back on the courts feeling pretty good about hitting again. Im your "typical" tennis player: Played high school varsity tennis (northern california) in doubles and singles, went to college ( Pierce College in sunny southern california) right after high school. Made the team and played for two seasons. Transfered to state university and played tennis for 1/4 of the season. Got injured ( shoulder injury ) and haven't played since until this past weekend. Im not as quick as I use to because im pushing the age of 40 years old. But, the ground strokes still have some magic. I've contacted alot of friends that use to play alot of tennis and unfortunately, alot of them injured themselves as well ( rotator cuff, shoulder injuries, A.C., the list goes on ). I said to myself since its been 15+ years since my injury, that I need to take it easy and gradually get up to pace. Take it slow and work proper form with mechanics and my mental game. I went to my local tennis shop and tried alot of rackets under thier demo program. Alot of the rackets are totally different since I played. I used a wilson prostaff 90 mid when I was in college. After trying 5 different racquets, I went back to wilson cause it felt the best for my type of playing style ( serve and volley; full swing strokes in the backcourt ). Im just glad to be back in the sport I love the most.........Tennis.

Roger Serafin
    Last edited by Roger Serafin; 09-13-2007 at 01:54 PM.

Roger, welcome to tennisw.com! It's interesting to hear of stories like this, it seems there are quite a few members of this community who stopped playing for a time but eventually found their way back to the game of tennis. I personally never played competitively and also did stop for a while, but this past year I've been getting back into it. Tennis is great exercise and a lot of fun.

We're glad to have you join us. Be sure to stop by and participate as often as you can. I think we are well on the way to having quite a vibrant online tennis community here.
    TennisW.com Network Administrator
    www.TennisW.com

welcome

welcome back to the amazing sport ...football...nope its tennis