I was just googling looking for rankings software and came upon this web site.
We have seven players who lease one court from 5 to 7 PM every Thursday.
We preschedule for the year based upon an individual's availability. Substitutes are supposed to be derived from one of the individuals who received a bye that week.
Right now it is very informal. I would like to record the results to determine standings, receive some incentive, and measure progress.
I realize that there may be players who would rather not keep track of results and I'm not sure how to handle that consideration.
Consider the following:
1. The four players showing up will play 3 sets. Each player will play once with each other player. For example player #1 would have player # 2 as a team member for set #1 and then have player #3 for set #2 and then have player #4 for set #3,
2. Set scores will be tallied to determine the total number of games each player won that Thursday evening.
3. The results will be maintained in a small data base or spreadsheet to develop rankings.
4. The rankings would show each individual and his average number of games won. Therefore, the rankings would consider that there will be discrepancies in the number of evenings one participates. Average number of games won would be the ranking criteria. Rankings would be emailed to all participants by Monday morning of the following week
5. 7 pm will be the cutoff time and only games played up until that time will be recorded.
6. If 3 sets are completed prior to 7 pm the players themselves can determine how to play out the remaining time.
7. Substitute players will not be included in the rankings if they are not one of the original seven. This fact will skew the rankings both positively or negatively, considering the skill of the substitute. I'm not sure how to handle this, or if it is important.
I'd appreciate any suggestions or comments. Thank you!