» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 729

0 members and 729 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

www.ez-tennis.com

Hi Tennisitis,

Glad to help. I could not resist given Oscar has been under attack and I was told to stay away from him and I am just now getting over my anger at Braden telling me "I am skeptical of his claims and we believe Oscar will be proven wrong" or words to that effect in the early 1990s at a USPTA conference. I tried teaching every method I could find until I tested MTM data myself and saw it worked for everyone, even conventional players, not that I recommend everyone switch to it, if you have good game conventionally, more power to you, but that is the exception, and no pro player plays conventionally today because it's very inefficient to move that way.

My email address is eztennisswing@yahoo.com. My website is www.ez-tennis.com. Feel free to write me. MTM is the acronym for the formal name "The Wegner Method, Play Like the Pros, Modern Tennis Methodology." When I first met Oscar, I told him he needed to quit marketing the Wegner Method, made it sound like just another method when it's the foundational method for all successful teaching methods, at least in my experience. Violate his precepts, and you most likely are not playing your best. I've seen him personally teach satellite tour players to 4 year olds. One college girl in Newport Beach took a week's worth of lessons from Oscar and jumped instantly from number 6 to beating everyone above her for number 2 spot and suddenly was splitting evenly with the number one player. I think it sad when people come to me who are playing 3.0 or 3.5 after seven years of play and taking lessons for many years. Your point is well taken. People pay for lessons and never get better far too often. I guarantee instant results or you don't pay. And the expectations my students referred to me have are very high, given the loyalty MTM students have, and why wouldnt' they get excited, given nothing else in tennis teaching has paid off like MTM. Oscar has two new DVDs coming out this week, one of them with coaching drills and how to coach a professional player. Stay tuned.

I can take an average athlete who is a total beginner and often (not rarely) turn them into 4.0 strokes in often a matter of hours. Sometimes I get 4.0 strokes in less than four lessons. I claim anyone who teaches MTM properly gets the same results Oscar claims, everyone gets better unless they are playing according to these precepts already. Whatever the USTA is doing to grow tennis, it has yet to work. So we better find a way to make tennis simple to learn? Does anyone else know any better way? I'll dedicate my website to promoting them. All these great teachers at the US Open conferences all claimed what success they all have in growing the game of tennis locally and yet tennis does not grow in the USA while it booms around the world. The growth of tennis in SoCal is fueled by mostly immigrants taking up the game en masse and I do expect the next USTA numbers to finally show a slight increase due to the fact more modern tennis is finally being taught. I know of a top USTA official who recently cited as an example of of "growth" in tennis was that of the "traditional" sports, tennis was the only one not showing a decrease. Talk about twisting statistics.
    Last edited by teachestennis; 11-24-2007 at 03:49 AM. Reason: added a line