» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 653

0 members and 653 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Thread: Double hander

Double hander

I find it alot easier as I write with my left hand but use my right hand in sports like throwing etc, I am much more comfortable using double hand both sides.

My grip is also good and I have learned by myself that when I turn my wrists slightly before hitting the ball it goes alot flatter, I am alos comfortable with my full swings too.

I just wonder why it isn't more popular, I knwo reach is alot more limited, but I am comfortable swinging at the ball with one hand if necessary.

If I am very comfortable with my technique, do you think I will experience other problems with it?

Thanks

I think that a two-handed forehand is very limiting. You can't get quite as much racquet head speed with two hands. One hand on the forehand feels more natural to most people.

first in my opinion ther is no mechanical problem with the tow handed froehand but ..... depending on a research on the most used stroke in tennis match .. they found that the forehand is the most stroke used in tennis match .. so how can you use take the very limited tow handed forehand as the most used stroke in that match

I cope quite well

Especially on returning I like getting the angles, and obviously my reach is limited but when I have to I use one hand. This way just feels more natural to me, yes i have to do a bit more running etc, but I think I can get enough speed on my forehand when I want to.

fabrice santoro, gene mayer, frew macmillan, monica seles...... just a few of the double fisted tennis players who can whack it from both sides when needed.

Just movement and stamina might be problems after a while. Using two hands does seem more reliable, but it could get tiresome after having to move that extra step because of the length of reach that two hands give you.

if ur luking 4 accuracy then use the 2 handed forehand. if ur luking 4 power use the one handed forehand.