» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 510

0 members and 510 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

any djokovic fans here

i was impressed by novak since RG07 semi ( he vs nadal)
    since then i watched every match of him.
    wimbledon , the semi that lasted 5 hours was a classic
    montreal , the great performance
    his improvement was obvious and undeniable

but now i dont really see a better performance from him. myself i think he played pretty bad in USO . Vienna was still ok. Madrid masters and Paris masters were totally jokes.

hope he can do better in MASTERS CUP !
    GO NOLE! Novak the Djoker!

i love him too.

Djokovic is a brilliant tennis player, he was not in his usual form today in the semi-final of the French Open. I feel he does have breathing problems which is not in his favour if matches go to five sets. Thankfully, in my opinion, I am glad that there are now only 5 sets played at the Grand Slams all the other tournaments play 3 sets only.

Djokovic is my favorite player haha

Novak Djokovic is of course a brilliant Tennis Player given he's the solid #3 Player in the World. Unfortunately, this is where he's bound to remain providing Federer & Nadal remain at the top of their respective games. I will however go out on a limb and suggest he actually has the game to beat Nadal on Clay. This is tricky of course again if their Seeds remain as they are and say the top 4 Seeds make it through to the Semis, Novak would of course face Roger Federer, who's game he doesn't match up with that well.

But let's assume Mr. Federer doesn't make it to the Semis of the French and of course Nadal does, it's very possible Djokovic could over-take Nadal in the Finals if he's striking the ball very clean.

Novak has learned to slide as well as the best however I do believe ho needs further improvement on his serve.

But personally I like Jelena better, great set of legs but not a very strong closer against the top level players.
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

I love Novak Djokovic . For a kid that has asthma and breathing problem he has done an excellent job. Do you believe, he went to one of the best known academy in Florida looking for scholarship 5 years ago? And one of the most famous coaches in the tennis world took a look at him and decided he wasn’t good enough for scholarship.

What I think is absolutely fantastic is their Country's Federation using an empty Swimming Pool to teach and now all of them are in the top 10 on the ATP & WTA Tour. What a success story. Totally inspiring.

Of Novak, Jelena & Ana, which do you feel will prevail with the most accomplishments in their field before they retire?
    The only acceptable loss is when your opponent was better than you on that given day.
    It is never acceptable to lose when your opponent was not.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    This is tricky of course again if their Seeds remain as they are and say the top 4 Seeds make it through to the Semis, Novak would of course face Roger Federer, who's game he doesn't match up with that well.
    I was under the impression that they flip a coin to determine which side of the draw the #3 seed is placed. I think they do it this way so they don't get the same match ups week after week on the Tour.

As far as Novak's game, it is stellar, and I do think he has the mettle to become #1. I think Federer will not stay on top of his game that much longer, and Nadal-- much as I love him-- is too hard on his body to stay dominant for very long. As long as Djokovic can stay healthy, he should be able take the top spot at some point, and maybe keep it for awhile.

Coach;
    I don’t think their Federation used the empty swimming pool for training. As far as I heard it was Ivanovic who was using her empty swimming pool for training. Elena Jankovic has spent almost most of her life in Bradenton, FL, she was at the IMG academies for 11 years. Unfortunately Since all IMG’s bet was on Sharpova, no one had paid too much attention to Elena, due to that even though she still lives in Bradenton, she doesn’t use IMG for practice or training. Unlike Sharpova, Elena is naturally athletic.

He's an excellent player and as soon as he gets used to his new racquet ( I say 3 more months ) he should make another go at #1 ( unless Roger gets a Full time Coach & Personal Trainer ) ...... and of course there's Rafa which if he does hold up for the next 3years with his style of play would be amazing !!!

I really like him as well

He's a good guy - he always applauds when he sees an opponent make an excellent shot and he seems to be a good sport who is popular with the other players.
    He also has a sense of humour - I wish he still did his fantastic impersonations of the service actions of other players (Sharapova etc) - a funny guy.
    And a superb player - particularly on hard court.