» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 760

0 members and 760 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Question Match making software

Our retirement community has a growing tennis league. We have had volunteers assigning doubles partners for play days without anyone being rated. The subjective assignments have caused problems as several people are not pleased with their assigned foursome for the day. Does anyone know of computer software which will make complete random assignments of the day's participants using skill level? It must be random in that a different mix of partners will occur each time.

I'm sure by now you've found an answer to your problem but just on the odd chance someone hasn't come up with a workable solution, or someone's grandchild hasn't written a simple programme for you, I thought I might suggest something my parents use in their retirement community.

Instead of having a specific software programme they just used Microsoft Excel to record everyone's name and skill level (your player ratings) and assign them a number. Each day they just move down the list until everyone has played with each other at least once.

Initially 1+2 play 3+4 etc then the next day 2+3 play 4+5 (1 plays with the last number in the list.

It's not terribly sophisticated but it is very simple and very inexpensive. It also allows them to record results and then, at the end of the rotation, to see who has recorded the highest number of games etc.

santosh Guest

Thumbs up lab co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by oreilly
    Our retirement community has a growing tennis league. We have had volunteers assigning doubles partners for play days without anyone being rated. The subjective assignments have caused problems as several people are not pleased with their assigned foursome for the day. Does anyone know of computer software which will make complete random assignments of the day's participants using skill level? It must be random in that a different mix of partners will occur each time.
    hi i want to get the sofwater ... plz guide me how could i do it..

Unregistered Guest
    Noone answered me regarding available software.

I can help

I'm a software engineer and this software wouldn't take long to write. Let me know if you'd be interested in discussing your requirements and perhaps we can work something out?