» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 523

0 members and 523 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.
    drsteve Guest

forehand trouble playing weaker players

Hi Guys,

When I play against players who have good strong groundstrokes, I have no problem with my forehand. However, when I play against people with weaker less powerful groundstrokes/serves, my topspin forehand becomes very inconsistent. I think this is because I have to generate more of my own power.

Does anyone else find this? Are there any tips for making my forehand more consistent in this situation?

Thanks,

Steve.

forehand

checkout oscar wegner at tennisteacher.com.all forehand problems will be gone.

I used to have this problem as well, many power players encounter this when playing "pushers". The key is patience, although it often appears that you have an opening for a clean hard winner, many pushers are quick enough to make you play 3-4 more shots to win the point. Don't go for too much, be ready to work the point ( clay court gives you excellent practice for this type of player) be willing to use more spin and move the ball around rather than pace and look to move in. The overall key is steadiness, try not to spike your energy when going for a finishing shot, play it the same pace as the other shots in the rally... these are my keys to beating a "pusher" i share them with my students and apply them to my own game, hopefully they work for you as well...good luck!