» Stats

Members: 13,751
Threads: 3,124
Top Poster: Lawn Tennis (1,095)
Welcome to our newest member, RX48

» Online Users: 506

0 members and 506 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 1,727, 02-25-2024 at 04:34 PM.

Looking to upgrade

Hi I currently have a Wilson H6 Oversize. I have had it for about 2 years and it was the first racquet I bought. After loads of research and availability at local stores it was the one I decided on (actually over the Prince TT Cloud if anyone cares). Yeah so it had its good and bad features and did the job of being my tool to improve in the game of tennis. I realized when I bought it I was not ready for some advanced kind of racquet, but now I feel I am. So I am looking for a replacement following these guidelines and keeping a few things in mind:

-Something not too expensive...let's say less than $150 (though less than or equal to $100 would be nice)
    -My main problem with my H6 is that most of my groundstrokes would go long
    -For my tennis team I played doubles but I don't plan on doing anything too competitive any time soon, so I prefer something that would be good for singles more so than doubles
    -I would like some more control and a lot less power (I would feel more comfortable building my ability to supply my own power)
    -Of course like anyone else: something that feels solid and comfortable
    -Basically I need an upgrade to improve my game more and enhance my abilities to another level

K, that's all I can think of right now...thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

NovakDjokovic Guest
    Get the nblade, great racquet for intermediate players.

K...thanks I'll have to check that out; I have mainly been researching the prince speedports and head racquets because ppl seem to like them a lot but i will look at this one now too

Tennis equipment

The Nblade is discontinued. It is now called the K-factor. It is a great racket. I am not sure what type of K-factor it is actually called but my teammate plays with it and loves it.

check out www.thelge.com for all the best rackets

racquets w/less power and more control

As mentioned above, the K-Blade is a good choice. It offers more control than the H6, as the racquet is designed for a player with a long swing. The only problem, is that the K-Blade was released earlier this month and sells for around $180. If you wanted something less expensive, are some great Wilson and Head models that may benefit you at great prices:

Wilson
    nPro Open - $129.95
    nTour MP - $78.95
    nPro Surge - $119.95

Head
    Flexpoint Heat - $74.95
    Flexpoint Radical MP - $99.95
    Liquidmetal Instinct MP - $74.95

You can check out our eBay store at:
    http://stores.ebay.com/Racketguy

OR our temporary website at:
    www.racquetbroker.com

If you have anymore technical questions about racquets or need more advice, don't hesistate to ask. We have been supplying the world with tennis equipment for over 10 years now and provide expert and friendly advice.
    I hope this helps you out. Take care!

Racket Guy